Quantcast

Get Started with Remote Test Lab for Mobile App Testing

STF News

RTL_blog_pc_g.jpg

Remote Test Lab is a service that enables developers to control mobile and watch devices remotely. With the Remote Test Lab service, you can test your application on a real device by interacting with the device over the network in real time.

The Remote Test Lab service is an easy and effective way to comprehensively test your application’s compatibility with the latest Samsung mobile devices, while reducing your spending on test hardware.

Remote Test Lab highlights

• Application installation
    You can install and test Android and Tizen applications on the appropriate devices.

• Screen capture and recording
    You can capture or record the screen during testing, whenever you need it.

• Audio streaming
    You can listen to the audio played through the testing device.

• Repeat testing
    You can record a sequence of actions and replay the sequence multiple times.

• Remote Debug Bridge
    You can access the remote device through development tools, such as Android Studio, as if the device were connected to your computer.

Test applications on a remote real device

In your Web browser, go to Distribute > Remote Test Lab on the Samsung Developer site.

Before using Remote Test Lab, make sure you have the system requirements:

• Samsung Account
  • Standard Web browser with JavaScript support
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 or later, including Java Web Start
  • Internet environment with port 2600 outbound open

You can select the operating system, remote device, and testing time you want on the Remote Test Lab page. When you select Start, a JNLP file is downloaded to your computer, and when you run the file, the Remote Test Lab client is launched and the live image of the device screen appears on the client.

You can use the Remote Test Lab device as if it were the real device. For example, you can even zoom in and out on Google Maps using multi-touch.

A variety of testing tools are available in the client context menu:

• Screen menu: Screen Quality Control, Orientation, Scale, Capture and Record, Screen Share
  • Manage menu: Application Manager, Clipboard Synchronization, Language, File Manager, Wi-Fi Reset, Device Reboot
  • Test menu: Install Application, Auto-Repeat, Log Viewer, Remote Debug Bridge
  • Experimental menu: Audio Streaming
Context Menu > Screen Context Menu > Management Context Menu > Test Audio Streaming

For more information on the tools in the context menu, see the User Manual.

You can install your application on the remote device by dragging and dropping the application package from your computer into the Remote Test Lab client. Through the client, you can watch how the application behaves on the device, including in views such as Flex Mode on Galaxy Fold devices.

For more details about the Remote Test Lab service and its policies, see the Remote Test Lab Support.

View the full blog at its source

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kostass123
      Dear friends,
      I am looking to buy a new TV for my mother who is quite old and cannot see very well.
      I know it may sound too picky but I am looking for a Samsung TV in which I can access the TV guide with the push of just one button.
      That's what I mean by TV guide:

My mom's old Samsung has the "GUIDE" button on the remote to do that.
      The remote was like that: 

I really like the UE43AU9072 but I think it only comes with the new smart remote which has very few buttons.
      As I said, I need to access the TV guide with the push of a single button just like on my old TV.
      Can the new smart TV remote do that? If not, is it possible to use my old IR remote?

Maybe one of you guys with new TVs can help! 
      Thanks!
    • By STF News
      This blog post reproduces a press release available at the Samsung Newsroom.
      Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today revealed the revamped Samsung Remote Test Lab program, which allows developers to easily test their applications virtually and remotely on thousands of Samsung Galaxy devices, now including the Galaxy S21 series with One UI 4 beta, and the latest Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Z Flip3 5G. The Remote Test Lab program makes it much more efficient for developers to test their new applications, as they don’t have to cover any hardware costs.
      With global access to the Remote Test Lab program, developers from around the world will be able to test their applications remotely on Galaxy test devices, regardless of the country they reside in. Over the last ten years, Samsung has built Remote Test Labs around the world, including in India, Poland, South Korea, and the United States. To make access to the program’s services faster and more reliable than ever before1, Samsung has now scaled up the program to include labs in Brazil, Russia, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam.

Poland: Organizing the library of Galaxy test devices.

"We wouldn’t have been able to offer such innovative mobile experiences to our users without our incredible developer community" said TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. "That’s why we are investing our expertise and innovative technology to support developers—they are crucial partners as we continue to expand our open Galaxy ecosystem."

Brazil: Making sure Remote Test Lab program operations are carried out smoothly.

To create an enhanced test experience, Samsung released the new version of the program2. Developers will get access to an automated testing tool that will allow them to monitor CPU and memory consumption when running their apps and check if an application has any impact on system resources. And thanks to a new web client service, the program features an improved user interface and enhanced graphics. In the near future, developers will be able to use a new communication channel, giving them direct access to Samsung experts who can advise them on how to improve their app performance.

USA: Running checks and maintenance on software for the Galaxy test devices.

The new Samsung Remote Test Lab program showcases Samsung’s commitment to helping partners and developers take advantage of revolutionary features, like the foldable experience of the Galaxy Z series, defence-grade security with Samsung Knox, and seamless connectivity with One UI. Through the rebooted Remote Test Lab program, Samsung will continue to partner closely with developers all over the world, helping them push boundaries and unlock new heights of innovation.
      To find out more about the Samsung Remote Test Lab, visit: developer.samsung.com/remote-test-lab.
      About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
      Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.
      [1] The test speed of the Remote Test Lab program may be affected by the distance from the server, the data rate and data traffic of the network connection and the local network policy (firewall).
      [2] Access to new features may vary by model, SW version and market. Developers must be logged into the Samsung Developers site using a Samsung Account. To access the web client service, developers will need to use the Chrome browser.
    • By STF News
      Are your apps ready for the recently unveiled Galaxy Z Fold3? For your app to work seamlessly on foldable devices, it will need to correctly handle App Continuity and Flex Mode.
      With Remote Test Lab, you can test your apps on a real Galaxy Z Fold3. To begin, create an account or login on Samsung Developers, and then visit this link to access the Galaxy Z Fold3.
      Other recent devices, such as the Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy S21 Ultra, and Galaxy Note20 Ultra are also available on Remote Test Lab.
    • By STF News
      Samsung Electronics’ award-winning lifestyle TV The Frame continuously transforms the space it’s in by offering users access to over 1,500 pieces of virtual art from some of the world’s most renowned artists, museums and industry tastemakers.

This month, the Art Store is highlighting those masterpieces that bring the most beautiful scenery found around the planet straight to your living room with its World Environment Day spotlight, a curated set of art pieces that feature breathtaking scenes from all over the world. One artist whose work is featured in this spotlight is Cody Cobb, a photographer who travels to some of the most remote places known to man to capture nature the way he believes it should remain: untouched.

Figure 1. In my “studio” which is in the landscape itself

Bringing the Beauty of Our Planet to More People
      Cobb has worked in photography for the past 20 years, first as an artistic pursuit that began as a part of his digital illustration projects and subsequently developing to be his primary medium. He travels to remote places including the vast American West in order to find unique landscapes, natural formations and stand-out moments to capture. He spends much of his time working alone in order to allow for serendipity to lead him to the discovery of the exceptional scenes captured in his work.

▲ Death Valley (2015)

“I am not sure that I can turn off the part of my brain that is engaged when I am photographing,” noted Cobb of the ways he harnesses his camera to capture his unique view of the world. “I observe the world in a specific way, obsessively finding details and patterns. Sometimes I will happen to have a camera with me, and that’s when I am able to capture those observations. Photography is a natural extension of my way of experiencing the world.”

By bringing his works to the selection available to users on The Frame, Cobb hopes that people will be able to experience the world in the way that he is able to when he is taking photographs. “I would love for those who view my work to be transported somewhere else for a moment,” he noted. “I hope that they can experience the sense of stillness that I myself enjoy while shooting.”

Cobb also hopes that when a user takes in the incredible scenes he has been lucky enough to see firsthand, they are able to stop for a moment and appreciate the beauty of what they are seeing. “I hope that my artwork offers a nuanced way of experiencing nature,” he said. “I want these places to come across as mysterious and I hope that people are able to get lost in them.”

Experiencing the World Through The Frame
      On The Frame, Cobb’s photos are displayed using nano-sized Quantum Dots which offer 100% color volume and bring over a billion shades of precise colors to users so that users can enjoy the artworks with the original color, detailing and texture intended by the artist. Users are able to experience the natural beauty of our planet just as it is, for what feels like a firsthand view of these amazing scenes.

▲ Parallel World (2017)

“The Frame is such a perfect expression of the cinematic visuals running through my head when I’m creating art,” noted Cobb. “I want my photos to feel alive and the technology powering The Frame allows for that. I also love that my fine art prints can exist on the same wall alongside the work I have available on the Art Store.”

Putting Nature First Thanks to Transformative Technologies
      Having collaborated with The Frame’s Art Store since its early days, Cobb understands how important it is to bring art into peoples’ homes and how technology plays a pivotal role in doing so. He is grateful for transformative experiences The Frame offers as a digital platform for displaying art; “Thanks to The Frame, I now have a new audience and a whole new way of sharing my work,” he noted. “It is incredibly motivating.”

An ardent advocate for the environment and the protection of the spaces he captures, Cobb is now selling his work via NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on platforms such as Hic et Nunc as the form of digital currency they employ consumes much less energy than other platforms. For each NFT sale he makes, he is donating a portion of the proceeds to environmental preservation organizations.

Fifteen of Cody’s pieces are available on The Frame’s Art Store now, and two of his photographs are being featured as part of this June’s Environmental Day spotlight.

View the full article
    • By STF News
      Every year, around 15 billion batteries are used worldwide – but only 2% of these end up being recycled. In order to find a way to help mitigate this growing environmental issue, Samsung Electronics has developed the innovative solar cell-powered remote control for its TV products.

As part of Samsung’s efforts towards creating eco-conscious products and services across all areas of its business operations, the Samsung TV’s solar cell-powered remote control is powered by lighting instead of conventional disposable batteries and can be recharged using sunlight, indoor lighting or USB.

Take a look at the video below to learn more about the sustainable – yet high-performing – Samsung’s SolarCell Remote.

Meanwhile, Samsung Electronics strives to incorporate environmental sustainability into everything we do. Our products are thoughtfully designed to minimize the impact on the environment during their entire lifecycle – from planning and manufacturing to consumption and recycling.
      View the full article