Quantcast

Get Started with Galaxy Store Developer API

2021-04-13-01-banner.jpg

The Galaxy Store Developer API provides programmatic access to key functions of Seller Portal, such as managing your apps and in-app items or checking app performance. It is made up of a set of server-to-server APIs that access different areas of Seller Portal:

Before you can start using these APIs, you must meet all the requirements for access and authentication. Read on to find out more about these requirements.

Basic requirements

The following are the basic requirements are required to use all of these APIs.

• Seller Portal account. A Samsung account is required to register for a Seller Portal account. You can sign up for a Samsung account when you register for a Seller Portal account.

• Commercial seller status, to manage paid apps or in-app purchase items. If you want to manage paid apps or paid in-app items, your Seller Portal account must have commercial seller status.

• Apps registered in Seller Portal. The Galaxy Store Developer API does not support new app registration. You must first register your apps in Seller Portal before you can manage them using the API.

• Access token. The access token is used for authentication. A summary of the steps needed to create an access token are included in this blog.

Create an access token

An access token is sent in the authorization header of every API call. It defines the scope (which APIs you can call) and can only be used from a valid service account.

2021-04-14-01-01.jpg

Complete the following steps to create an access token:

1. Create a service account. Log in to Seller Portal and go to Assistance > API Service. When you create a service account, you generate a private key (used to create your JSON web token) and service account ID (used in the authorization header of the Content Publish and IAP Publish APIs).
  2. Create a JSON Web Token. Create a JSON Web Token (JWT) by providing a header and registered claims to a site that generates the token or programmatically using a JavaScript JWT library.
  3. Request an access token. Request an access token from the Galaxy Store authentication server.

Click on the linked step to see more detailed information about how to complete each step.

Use the Content Publish API

The Content Publish API is used to view, modify, submit, and change the status of apps registered in Galaxy Store Seller Portal. When you have met the basic requirements and have your service account ID and access token, use the following headers:

curl -X <content-publish-api-request> \
  -H  "content-type: application/json" \
  -H  "Authorization: Bearer <your-access-token>" \
  -H  "service-account-id: <your-service-account-id>"

See Content Publish API for more information about available requests.

Use the IAP Publish API

The IAP Publish API is used to view, register, modify, and remove Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) items. In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the following is also required:

• The IAP Publish API must be connected with the content in the In App Purchase tab area of Seller Portal. To create this connection, you must either initially distribute your content using the Content Publish API or the content must be in the For Sale state in Seller Portal. If this connection does not exist, matching product information cannot be retrieved.
  • You must integrate IAP Helper into your app. All binaries registered in your content must support IAP.

When you have met all the requirements, use the following:

curl -X <iap-publish-api-request> \
  -H  "content-type: application/json" \
  -H  "Authorization: Bearer <your-access-token>" \
  -H  "service-account-id: <your-service-account-id>"

See IAP Publish API for more information about available requests and request parameters.

Use the GSS API

The GSS (Galaxy Store Statistics) Metric API is used to get statistics about apps registered in Galaxy Store. In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the following is also required:

• Four cookie values required for authentication (see Get cookie values for more information)
  • sellerID, obtained by using the GSS User API
  • The statistics to view and other attribute values used to filter the response data (see GSS Metric API for more information)

When you have met all the requirements, use the following:

curl -X POST <gss-api-request> \
  -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
  -H "Authorization: Bearer <your-access-token>" \  
  -H "Cookie:<gss-api-cookie-values>" \
  -d '{"<gss-api-attributes-and-values>"}' 

See GSS User API and GSS Metric API for more information about available requests.

Next steps

After you have met all the requirements, you are ready to start using the Galaxy Store Developer API. See Galaxy Store Developer API for a list of all requests available. Each request also includes examples showing usage and expected results.

View the full blog at its source

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By STF News
      Spring is here and it’s a good time to clean house in your digital world. From your design process to Galaxy Store presence, it’s important to revisit past work and make room for new ideas. To help you get started, we’ve found members of the Samsung Developers community to share advice on how they’ve successfully refined their processes and their Galaxy Store presence.
      We begin our series with Drazen Stojcic from Urarity. A 2020 Best of Galaxy Award Winner, Urarity is known for its 2D and 3D animated watch faces designed with quality and luxury in mind. Read on to find out how Drazen stays organized and keeps things fresh.
      When and why did you start designing watch faces?
      I started designing watch faces four years ago. I had previous experience with user interface design, graphic design and animation, so it started as a fun side job that eventually grew into full time work!
      As my designs have become more complex, involving various animated 2D and 3D elements, my approach has changed. I generally start off with a very rough idea of what I want to create with simple shapes that represent the general layout of the watch face with various dynamic elements. Then comes the hard part of turning these rough designs into the actual product. It usually takes anywhere between one to three months to get a fully functional watch face ready.

Do you have a system in place to organize your designs and the way you present them?
      I try to stay “on brand” as much as possible. I use similar naming schemes for our watch face series, but I also try to provide the most important info in the title, so it’s clear what we’re offering. Something I think would help keep portfolios organized are more options in Galaxy Store to sort apps by tags, style, color or other parameters.
      How often do you revisit your old designs and update them?
      If a current design is good and has no functionality issues, then I don’t update much. Customers can get agitated if you make drastic changes and they liked the old design better. I’ve been burned by this on more than one occasion.
      However, if a watch face is a big hit in Galaxy Store, it makes sense to refresh it from time to time with new functions or slight changes in design, nothing too drastic. Updating older watch faces can breathe new life into them. I still have some top selling watch faces that were made in 2017 and I try to keep them “alive” for as long as possible, since there is a large customer base.
      How often should you be reorganizing and cleaning up your Galaxy Store presence?
      I try not to keep old designs afloat too long. After a while, it becomes obvious that a watch face has used up its customer potential. Usually, I will turn it into a “free app” for a brief period before suspending it from Galaxy Store. I would recommend only “suspending” an old design instead of “terminating” it completely. This way, users who purchased the watch face will still be able to access it by going to My Apps in their Galaxy Store account.
      Terminating apps is always a sensitive thing to do, so usually I do it once or twice a year.
      When new platforms are released, do you check to make sure all designs are working?
      I will usually check the top selling watch faces to make sure everything is working as expected. If I miss anything, customers are quick to point out any issues. The trouble is when you have a lot of watch faces in your portfolio and something needs updating across all of them. Things can get very stressful then. That is also a benefit of keeping your portfolio tidy - it can save you time.
      Are there any specific files you would recommend to always keep handy?
      While you won’t need these often, I would recommend backing up KeyStore files into several safe locations. Without them you’re unable to update old designs, leading to serious problems.
      I’m very dedicated to keeping my watch faces and design files backed up. While it may seem like overkill, we have double physical backups and two cloud backups. I will also periodically do a fifth backup, a snapshot of work, that’s a folder of all the animation, graphics, and project files with a time stamp. This requires a lot of storage space. However, these precautions have saved the day more than once, so it's worth the investment.
      What’s the one piece of advice you’d give a designer about organizing their work to keep it fresh?
      Don’t be afraid to “trim the fat”. A watch face will often drop in sales after the initial launch and settle at producing small but continuous revenue. These are the ones that are hardest to cut. It’s not a problem if you have only a couple of these in your portfolio but maintaining many of them may cost more than they’re worth. Come up with a monthly revenue you expect from any watch face and once it drops under that line, it’s time to consider suspending it.
      Thanks to Drazen for sharing helpful advice on improving the design process and de-cluttering your Galaxy Store. You can connect with Drazen and Urarity on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also check out Urarity’s full collection of watch faces in Galaxy Store.
      We hope this post helps you start your spring refresh for success. Remember, making Galaxy Store updates is key to keeping your seller account active. You need two activities every three months that trigger an app review by the seller portal team. An activity takes many forms, and can be anything from uploading a new app, to updating a current app, hanging the description or adding/updating photos. However, changing the price of an app does not count.
      Stay tuned next week for the second installment in our ‘Refresh for Success’ series and follow us on Twitter at @samsung_dev for our latest updates.
      Follow Up
      This site has many resources for developers looking to build for and integrate with Samsung devices and services. Stay in touch with the latest news by creating a free account or by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. Visit the Marketing Resources page for information on promoting and distributing your apps. Finally, our developer forum is an excellent way to stay up-to-date on all things related to the Galaxy ecosystem.
    • By STF News
      The Galaxy Store Developer API has launched! Providing programmatic access to key functions of Seller Portal, the Galaxy Store Developer API lets you manage your apps and in-app items or check app performance, without having to use the Seller Portal UI.
      The Galaxy Store Developer API contains a set of server-to-server APIs which provides access to different areas of Seller Portal:
      Content Publish API: View, modify, submit, and change the status of apps registered in Galaxy Store Seller Portal IAP Publish API: View, register, modify, and remove Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) items GSS (Galaxy Store Statistics) API: View statistics about apps registered in Galaxy Store Content Publish API
      Use the Content Publish API to manage your apps registered in Seller Portal to:
      View a list of all of your registered apps View information about a single registered app, such as the title, status, description, binary information, and more Modify app information, including images, icons, and binaries Submit an app for review (an app must be reviewed before being offered for sale in Galaxy Store) Change the status of a registered app to FOR_SALE, SUSPENDED, or TERMINATED Upload files required when submitting or updating an app See Content Publish API for more information.
      IAP Publish API
      Use the IAP Publish API to manage your in-app items of your registered apps in Seller Portal to:
      View information about in-app items for all of your registered apps View in-app item information for a single registered app, such as the title, status, description, price, and more Register an in-app item Modify an in-app item Remove an in-app item See IAP Publish API for more information.
      GSS API
      Use the GSS API to view statistics about your registered apps in Seller Portal to:
      View statistics for all of your registered apps, such as new downloads, downloads by devices, sales, and item sales View statistics about a single registered app, such as new downloads, sales, item purchases, average rating, ratings volume, item sales, item buyers, new item buyers, and ARPPU (average revenue per paying user) See GSS Metric API for more information about viewing statistics.
      Get Started
      Are you ready to start using the Galaxy Store Developer API? Learn more about its requirements by going to the Seller Portal notice or Galaxy Store Developer API. Each API also includes examples showing usage and expected results.
    • By BGR
      The Galaxy S21 Ultra might be the best Samsung phone of 2021 so far, but it’s hardly the Samsung phone most people will buy this year. Not even the cheaper Galaxy S21 phones are selling that great, even though they’re significantly more affordable than last year’s basic Galaxy S20 models. Samsung already launched a trio of Galaxy A series phones only a few weeks ago, including the Galaxy A52, which will likely become the best Galaxy phone of the year. The Galaxy A51 won that title last year. While the A52 is a decent mid-range phone that’s probably one of the best affordable Androids one can consider right now, Samsung just unveiled another Galaxy handset that some customers might appreciate. The Galaxy Quantum 2 sports flagship specs as well as a feature that’s unlike anything seen in that many other devices.

Today's Top Deal
      This automatic jar opener went viral on TikTok and people are flooding Amazon to get one!
      Price: $35.99
      Buy Now
      The Galaxy Quantum 2 is the successor of last year’s Galaxy Quantum and a phone that’s currently available only in South Korea, where Samsung and SK Telecom have just announced it, per The Verge. The phone is Samsung’s second handset with built-in quantum cryptography technology to secure encryption.
      Samsung’s Galaxy Quantum 2 smartphone launched on SK Telecom. Image source: SK Telecom
      Unlike other Androids, Quantum 2 features a custom cryptography chip made by ID Quantique. The chip is a 2.5mm square that’s the world’s smallest quantum random number generator (QRNG). The processor “allows smartphone holders to use services that require security in a more safe and secure manner by generating unpredictable and patternless true random numbers,” the carrier said.
      Here’s how the QRNG chips from ID Quantique work, according to the company:
      The following video briefly explains the QRNG processor technology:
      The QRNG chip should make the phone even more secure than other devices, as Quantum cryptography makes it more difficult for someone to remotely hack the handset. Direct access to the handset would be required. The chip will work with apps that use the Android Keystore APIs. SK Telecom says the handset works with apps including Shinhan Bank, Standard Chartered Bank Korea, and T World. In the future, it should also work with Samsung’s own credit cards and other apps that benefit from increased security.
      Aside from the quantum cryptography chip, the phone offers users impressive hardware that is slightly better than a Galaxy S10+ handset from 2019. We’re looking at a 6.7-inch OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate and in-display fingerprint sensor and a Snapdragon 855+ processor. The difference is that the Galaxy S10 phones shipped with a regular 60Hz screen and a slightly slower Snapdragon 855 chip.
      The Quantum 2 also features a 64-megapixel primary sensor, compared to the Galaxy S10’s 12-megapixel main camera. On top of that, the Quantum 2 will sport 5G connectivity, a feature not available to any 2019 Samsung flagship.
      The Quantum 2 will start selling in South Korea on April 23rd for an unspecified price, although preorders should start on April 13th. But that might not be the only country where the handset is available. Various reports said recently that Samsung is readying a Galaxy A82 phone which would feature the 2019 Snapdragon 855 flagship processor. The Quantum 2 appears to be the Galaxy A82.
      It’s unclear at this time when the Galaxy A82 will launch in other international markets and whether it’ll sport the same QRNG encryption chip. The Galaxy A Quantum launched internationally as the Galaxy A71 without the extra security chip.

Today's Top Deal
      This automatic jar opener went viral on TikTok and people are flooding Amazon to get one!
      Price: $35.99
      Buy Now View the full article
    • By BGR
      A new cycle of Galaxy leaks might have just started, signaling that Samsung is getting closer to launching a new flagship. Phones like the Galaxy S and Note appear in various leaks and rumors in the months preceding their official launch. By the time Samsung takes the stage during a Samsung Unpacked event, fans already know everything about the new high-end handsets, from design and specs to price and release date. The Galaxy Z foldables also qualify as Samsung flagships, especially the Z Fold that features the same top-of-the-line hardware as the newest Galaxy S and Note. And it just so happens that we’re currently witnessing an increase in Galaxy Z Fold 3 rumors.
      Things will be slightly different for Samsung this year, as the Galaxy S21 series won’t be followed by the Galaxy Note 21. Samsung said the chip shortage would prevent it from launching a new Note this year, while reports said that Samsung was looking to scrap the phone in favor of foldables. A report said a few days ago that Samsung has just two foldable phones planned for 2021: The Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 2. A new rumor now says the Z Fold 3 might launch even earlier than expected, while providing additional details about the phone’s design.

Today's Top Deal
      Amazon shoppers are obsessed with these top-rated Wi-Fi smart plugs - now on sale under $6 each!
      Price: $22.94
      You Save: $4.05 (15%)
      Buy Now
      The Elec claims that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will have a 4,380 mAh battery. That’s in line with other 2021 Android phones, but that particular battery size doesn’t follow the industry trend. Newer phones usually come with bigger batteries, and a foldable phone certainly seems to have extra room for increasing the battery capacity.
      But the Z Fold 3’s battery matches that of the original Fold, and both are slightly smaller than the Fold 2’s 4,500 mAh battery. The reduced capacity is directly tied to the phone’s design. The Elec says that Samsung is reducing the battery size to accommodate the change in display size for the Fold 3 and increase its portability.
      The report says the main foldable screen will measure 7.5 inches, which is slightly smaller than the Fold 2’s 7.6-inch screen. The external display will be 6.2 inches. However, previous reports said that the cover screen might be even smaller.
      What’s interesting to note here is the focus on portability. One of the things some people criticized about the Fold’s design was its bulkiness. When folded, the Fold models have a screen gap next to the hinge. Earlier this year, Huawei showed the world a different take on a foldable phone with the main screen placed internally. The Mate X2 is thinner than the Fold phones. It features uneven sides and has no gap. It’s unclear how Samsung plans to improve the portability of the Z Fold 3.
      The same Elec story says that Samsung wants to unveil the Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 2 earlier than expected, aiming for July. That would be about a month earlier than the traditional mid-August launch window for the Note series. Regardless of when the next Unpacked will take place, it’s likely the Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 2 designs have long been finalized, and they’re likely to leak before the press conference.
      The Elec also references two exciting Z Fold 3 rumors, saying that Samsung is expected to bring new technologies to the foldable device, including S Pen support, adaptive refresh rate, and under panel cameras (UPC). The Galaxy S21 Ultra’s adaptive 120Hz screen tech is likely to make it into an expensive phone like the Z Fold 3 as well. The other two technologies are also quite exciting, teasing two noteworthy innovations for foldable phones.
      Stylus support on a Samsung foldable means the Ultra Thin Glass (UTG) cover will be more durable than last year’s version. It’s unclear how Samsung would bring the S Pen to its foldable line. The device could be an optional accessory for the Fold 3, just like with the Galaxy S21 Ultra. If it’s built into the foldable phone, then the S Pen housing would consume the kind of space that could have been used for expanding the battery size.

As for UPC, Samsung has already confirmed it has developed notebook OLED screens with UPC tech. Placing a camera under the display of a phone would be the next step. In mid-February, the well-known leaker Ice Universe said on Twitter that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 is “very likely” to adopt UPC tech.
      Finally, SamMobile reported a few days ago that Samsung had already started the development of the Galaxy Z Fold 3’s firmware. The report said the phone would feature at least 256GB of storage and that it will run Android 11 with Samsung’s One UI 3.5 on top.

Today's Top Deal
      Price: $23.99
      You Save: $1.99 (8%)
    • By BGR
      Unfold the Galaxy Fold or Z Fold 2, and you end up with a device that looks a lot like a tablet, albeit a small one. The screen comes in at 7.6 inches, which means the Galaxy Fold devices are about as big as the 7.9-inch iPad mini when open. But Samsung is also exploring foldable devices that would feature even larger displays.

Today's Top Deal
      Crazy Amazon coupon gets you best-selling Wi-Fi smart plugs for just $2.10 each!
      Price: $8.39
      You Save: $19.60 (70%)
      Coupon Code: SPXNK4C6 (by 4/17)
      Buy Now
      The same technology used to make foldable smartphones can be employed in bigger devices featuring foldable screens. Lenovo already launched a foldable laptop that proves the tech works, although the device isn’t as slick as a foldable smartphone. The laptop is relatively thick and features larger bezels.
      Samsung’s foldable tablet will have a thinner profile, according to illustrations from a newly discovered patent. Dutch blog LetsGoDigital found the images in a design patent for a Display device the USPTO awarded to Samsung in mid-February.
      Illustration from Samsung patent highlights front and back designs of a foldable tablet. Image source: LetsGoDigital via Samsung
      Unlike the Galaxy Fold, the device in these illustrations does not feature an external display. Samsung apparently doesn’t think this foldable Galaxy Tab version should be used when folded, so the only reason for the tablet to feature a foldable screen is to reduce its overall footprint. This could allow Samsung to offer buyers an even bigger device than the 11-inch and 12.4-inch high-end tablets it’s currently selling. The patent doesn’t reveal, however, how large such a foldable tablet would be.
      While there’s no telling when Samsung will release a foldable tablet and whether the designs in this patent will ever be used, the illustrations do highlight some of the ideas Samsung is toying with.
      The foldable tablet would be thicker at the hinge area, but the tablet will fold seamlessly, just like a book, without leaving any space between the two sides, as it happens with the Galaxy Fold models.
      The hinge would also create two notches that could house the cameras. Interestingly enough, this device has no external cameras.
      The hinge is also where Samsung would place several key features of a mobile device. On one side, we’d have the USB-C port and a speaker. The other speaker would sit on the opposite side, next to a power button.
      Illustration from Samsung patent highlights the hinge thickness, notch, and side elements. Image source: LetsGoDigital via Samsung
      The two sides of the display seem to be thinner than the hinge area, despite having to house battery cells and provide support to the large folding screen. Durability remains the primary concern about foldable devices. The bigger the screen, the bigger the worries. The patent shows two halves aren’t symmetrical, with one of them being slightly thicker than the other.
      It’s unclear whether the foldable tablet would only work in tablet mode or whether Samsung could turn it into a laptop, where half of the screen would serve as a keyboard — that’s one of the use cases for Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Fold.
      Samsung did make plenty of headway when it comes to building foldable devices. The 2020 models feature screens made of glass that are much sturdier than the Galaxy Fold’s plastic screen. Samsung also fixed the hinge design issues that allowed debris to get into the first-gen foldable. Foldable glass and hinge technologies will mature further, and future foldable devices should be even more durable than the first models.
      That said, it’s unclear when the first “Galaxy Tab Fold” might arrive.

Today's Top Deal
      Amazon shoppers are obsessed with this nonstick frying pan – today it’s only $14!
      Price: $13.99
      You Save: $3.00 (18%)