Quantcast

[Infographic] 5 Advantages of Samsung’s Super-Smart 2021 High-Resolution Monitors

One of the main factors that can impact work efficiency is our monitor choice. Since it is a device that we use for extended periods of time, it is important to pay attention to such features as the devices resolution, eye strain reduction and adjustable design.

On March 21, Samsung Electronics announced its new full lineup of 2021 high-resolution monitors for the home working environment. These monitors come in three series: the S8, the S7 and the S6, all three of which provide users with vivid displays with high resolution from UHD to QHD. On top of the monitors ergonomic design that lets you use the product with utmost convenience, the 2021 monitors are certified for their eye protection capabilities, as well as for being environmentally friendly.

Take a look at 5 of the key advantages offered by the high-resolution monitors in the 2021 lineup in the infographic below.

High-Resolution-Monitor_Infographic.jpg

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Samsung Newsroom
      Aerosyn-Lex Mestrovic is an award-winning, multidisciplinary artist whose work has been recognized and displayed in prestigious institutions and venues such as The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Art Basel Miami Beach and even the White House. His inspiration stems from a diverse cross-section of cultures — embracing a wide variety of mediums from fashion and film to live art performances and beyond.

His unique artistry exists at the junction where art and technology meet, and he considers the history and evolution of the two as inseparable. He sees technology as a transformative force — one that has expanded and will continue to broaden the art world — opening new opportunities and encouraging artists to reimagine and refine their work. Samsung Newsroom sat down with Aerosyn-Lex to discuss his journey as an artist and how technology has become interwoven into his work.

▲ Aerosyn-Lex Mestrovic

Early Encounters With Multicultural Inspirations
      Q: Can you provide a brief overview of your artistic journey?

I’ve been a life-long artist and creative. Art and design are core elements of my self-identity. I studied art from an early age and never stopped using creativity as my primary means of communication. I’m thankful that my artwork and designs have been recognized by some of the biggest institutions and brands in the world, and I’m excited for what’s to come!

Q: Your early influences present a fascinating blend of various cultures, including Japanese calligraphy, Latin script, graffiti and Slavic mysticism. How did you encounter and choose to incorporate these distinctive elements into your artwork?

Early on in life, I was exposed to calligraphy through a course I took during a summer vacation. For some reason, the act of writing and all its cultural variations stuck with me. Be it Japanese calligraphy or Western scripts, writing really became a huge influence on all my works. I think there is great power in the written word, and those words can take on any shape.

Q: How do you incorporate diverse cultural perspectives into your art? How does that resonate with audiences across the world?

Growing up as an immigrant in the United States in a culturally diverse area helped shape my identity. I’ve been fortunate to travel the world through my work, and I strive to translate those experiences through my artwork. My goal is to connect with people on a subconscious level, regardless of their background.

Q: What inspires you to keep pushing your artistic boundaries?

I’m thoroughly inspired by evolving technologies and their ability to reach larger scales and audiences globally. Having worked across various global markets and diverse industries, my goal is to share my work with the world, aiming to leave a lasting legacy.

Exploring the Entire Range of Artistic Mediums and Projects
       Q: Can you recount a project that pushed you beyond your comfort zone?

I was commissioned to direct my first short film “SCRIPTURA VITAE” many years ago for the BBC and Channel 4 in the U.K. This began as a simple concept, but it turned into one of the most life-changing projects I’ve ever worked on. I had to teach myself filmmaking whilst making the actual film! This single work really set the stage for many of my major projects that followed.

Q: Your extensive portfolio spans across pop culture, fashion, technology and more. What inspires your choice of medium for different projects?

My process varies greatly depending on the project. From designing fashion collections to crafting live art performances for Carnegie Hall, the medium follows the concept. There’s no single approach that works for all those varied applications of creativity.

I look at each project individually and try to figure out the best way to craft a memorable and emotionally moving work or performance. I always begin by thinking of a concept for a piece before attempting to work out the best way to represent that. 

Q: You’ve collaborated with cultural icons and brands such as Jeff Koons, Nike and Mr. Children, and your art has been exhibited at renowned venues around the world. How have these experiences shaped you?

Those are definitely some of my “greatest hits” and they certainly have instilled confidence and motivation to push the limits of my work. However, the art industry can be a fickle and fast-changing landscape to navigate. Nothing is guaranteed in the career of an artist — to sustain artistic relevance, one must constantly push forward to redefine oneself.

▲ An interview with Aerosyn-Lex Mestrovic

Connecting Artists and Audiences Through The Frame and Samsung Art Store
       Q: How has your experience been partnering with Samsung Art Store?

It has been truly amazing. I was thrilled to have so many acquaintances and new supporters reach out and mention that they’d seen my work on the Art Store. It’s such a wonderful platform, and I’m excited to continue crafting and creating work for it! 

I truly appreciate brands that understand the value of art and genuinely seek to support artists and their artwork. The art market has seen a seismic shift in the past few years, and I believe it takes large players to come up with innovative ideas for new platforms and ways of interacting with broad audiences. I think Samsung is doing just that in a unique way.

Q: Can you tell us about the technique behind your signature ethereal ink paintings? How do they appear on The Frame?

My work is created in a fully practical, non-digital technique that I developed over years of experimentation. These works began with my film “SCRIPTURA VITAE” and were then exhibited at The MoMA. I love how my work is presented on The Frame — having them live inside people’s homes now is a great feeling. The Frame’s aesthetic and calibration just make everything pop! 

Q: Can you recommend three of your favorite pieces available on the Art Store?

The beauty of the Art Store is that you can change the artwork based on your mood. Some of my favorites are below, but check them all out! There will be more coming soon, so please keep an eye out!

▲ CHROMIS IOMELAS MMXXI (2021)

CHROMIS IOMELAS MMXXI (2021) is from my “Living Paintings” series, which embodies the fluidity and movement in my process.

▲ VERSALIS DRIP MMXXII (2022)

VERSALIS DRIP MMXXII (2022) is a playful use of paint as a painting.  This work is taken from a newer series of work which was initially created as 60FT (20 meter) Murals for the Wynwood Arts District in Miami, Florida. The concept was to create a dynamic representation of fluid paint but play with the scale of the artwork which would be represented in the context of Trompe L’oeil.

▲ VERSAEL BRUSH MMXXI (2021)

VERSAEL BRUSH MMXXI (2021) introduces meticulous calligraphy which looks incredible in the crisp 4k of The Frame.  This piece speaks to my long standing passion from calligraphy and the written word. These large paintings are steeped in multicultural symbology and seek to find beauty in the pattern and rhythm of the calligraphic strokes and lettering used within the artwork.

Pushing the Boundaries of Art With Technology
       Q: Your work often blends art with various forms of technology. How do you see this intersection shaping the future of art?

The history of art cannot be separated from the progression of technology. Their stories are intertwined infinitely. As a huge tech nerd, technology is a space that I find endlessly fascinating and inspiring.

We’re certainly moving into a radically new age with the proliferation of artificial intelligence, and I’m excited to participate in pushing creative methods forward with technology. I am truly looking forward to working on projects in this space, and I’m thrilled to combine them with the practices I’ve developed over my career. 

Q: Can you give us a sneak peek at some of the projects you are working on?

I’m excited to be working on major projects across various metropolitan cities including Tokyo, New York City, Los Angeles, Riyadh, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. These projects range from large-scale installations for major hotels to huge digital art installations in completely new city centers.

I’m working on some new projects in the gaming space as well, which I’m thrilled about since I’m an avid gamer. I am also launching my own collection of luxury Japanese whisky, sake, shochu and wine this year with the award-winning Japanese distillery, Nishi Shuzo. Lastly, I’m looking to establish a large art studio in Los Angeles.

I have a lot going on at the moment, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! 

Visit Samsung Art Store in The Frame to see more of Aerosyn-Lex Mestrovic’s collection.
      View the full article
    • By girizgah
      Hi, i recently bought Samsung 65q80b. I had a great smart remote with full keyboard, air mouse and IR learning functions. But neither multimedia buttons nor OK button works on new tv. I think these 3rd party remotes execute "left click" when you press OK. And Tizen doesn't record mouse clicks? Any hope about possible fw update in near future or any suggestion? Thanks.

• By BGR
      Diablo Immortal is one of the most anticipated mobile games in recent memory, bringing a version of Blizzard’s popular action RPG to smartphones and tablets. The free-to-play game has been available to download for a few days on iPhone and Android. But players who own certain Samsung devices might not be able to play it. Plenty of Exynos-based Galaxy phones can’t run Diablo Immortal, and even the Galaxy S22 series isn’t spared.
      Don't Miss: Today’s deals: $179 AirPods Pro, $13 Beckham Hotel pillows, Apple Watch SE 44mm, more Diablo Immortal is unplayable on Exynos devices
      Suppose you thought the worst thing about Diablo Immortal is the annoying microtransaction system Blizzard employs to monetize this title. In that case, you’re not using an Exynos-based phone from the following list. These phones can’t run Diablo Immortal, so you can’t even get to experience the in-app transactions:
      Galaxy A12 Galaxy A13 Galaxy A21s Galaxy A51 5G Galaxy A Quantum Galaxy S10e Galaxy S10 Galaxy S10+ Galaxy S10 5G Galaxy Note 10 Galaxy Note 10 5G Galaxy Note 10+ Galaxy Note 10+ 5G Galaxy F12 Galaxy F62 Galaxy M12 Galaxy M13 Galaxy M62 Galaxy XCover 5 It’s understandable for a high-end game like Diablo Immortal not to work on all entry-level and mid-range devices. But the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 models in the list are 2019 flagships. Same year iPhone 11 models would have no problem running the game.
      The list of Exynos-based Samsung phones comes from Reddit, where a community lead posted the following message a couple of days ago.
      After a day, the user followed up, announcing that a fix had been discovered. But it will require a new build, and it’s unclear when the update will drop.
      Samsung’s Galaxy S22 shame
      The Galaxy S22’s terrible Exynos 2200 performance turned into a massive PR disaster for Samsung, especially at home in Korea. Users needed only a few days to discover the 2022 handsets’ throttling issues. They also showed that Samsung has been cheating on benchmarks.
      Samsung apologized to buyers and shareholders while issuing fixes for the throttling issue. Furthermore, the company vowed to rethink its Exynos chip strategy for flagship handsets like the Galaxy S. It then cut prices in Korea while facing lawsuits and investigations.
      Where does Diablo Immortal fit into all of this? A high-end phone like the Galaxy S22 should have no problem running this particular title. Android flagships should be great gaming devices, considering they rock the best possible hardware.
      Diablo Immortal gameplay on Galaxy S22 Plus Exynos 2200 version. Image source: SamMobile However, SamMobile discovered that the Exynos Galaxy S22 Plus stutters during Diablo Immortal gameplay.
      The blog provided a few screenshots highlighting the issue, like the one above.
      This is anecdotal evidence, so your Diablo Immortal experience on the Exynos Galaxy S22 might not be similar. But it is certainly not great news for Samsung, even if Blizzard is at fault. Remember that the Exynos 2200 brings a unique GPU to mobile devices, which should support advanced features like ray tracing.
      Hopefully, Blizzard can fix the Diablo Immortal gameplay on Exynos, especially for current and former Galaxy flagships.
      The post Diablo Immortal doesn’t work on some Samsung phones appeared first on BGR.
      View the full article
    • By ssb
      Hi.
      I'm working on some security concepts in tizen web applications. I studied "professional-tizen-application-development" book and I realized almost every thing about tizen web application is related to web runtime. but how exactly an application is launched???
      I installed tizen studio and in an emulator I opened up a shell. I also wanted to know is it possible to run an application in this shell??

• By Alex
      Samsung Tizen TV 2016 - how does it work and look like?