Quantcast

7000 and 8000 series Samsung TVs

Autoguy

15 hours ago, FarmerBob said:

Go to RTINGS.com and look at the reviews first. They also have some good year to year model comparisons. They're pretty indepth and you should get a good amount of information. 

Thanks. For anyone else looking for the same comparison, here is the direct link for 2020 models https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/samsung-tu8000-vs-samsung-tu7000/9019/9814?usage=11&threshold=0.10#comparison_207

I'm going to go with 2021 with some improved specs and they made the 8000 series very thing compared to the 2020.  I may also go with a Q series 2021 for my living room. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By STF News
      Great gaming requires great hardware. And as the global gaming market continues to expand, more people than ever before are in the market for premium gaming monitors to ensure their experiences are absolutely top-class. Samsung, which has topped the gaming monitor market for three years in a row,1 has answered the call, delivering a broad range of Odyssey gaming monitors that are ideal for all types of gamers.

Following episode one of this series, in which we explored the history of Samsung’s Odyssey gaming monitors, Newsroom now introduces Samsung’s current portfolio of high-performance Odyssey monitors. In the following infographic, we deliver a helpful guide to allow gamers to determine just which experience-elevating Odyssey monitor is right to help them take their gaming experiences to the next level.

Check out the infographic below.

To find out more about Samsung’s range of Odyssey gaming monitors, please visit https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/gaming-monitor/odyssey.

1 IDC Worldwide Gaming Tracker, Q2 2021, 17.1% market share based on revenue (over 100Hz)
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      The pandemic has been a challenging time for all of us, with many people’s day-to-day routines changing greatly during this period. With many spending more time at home over the past year, a lot of people have taken up new hobbies. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this has led to a significant uptick in gaming across the globe. According to a recent report from IDC, sales volume of the gaming monitor market will increase by 40% from 14.1 million in 2020 to 19.8 million units in 2021.1

Against this backdrop, Samsung has delivered on gamers’ expectations with the launch of groundbreaking new gaming monitors. Through relentless innovation, Samsung has maintained its position as the number one worldwide leader in the gaming monitor market for three consecutive years.2

To learn more about how Samsung’s gaming monitors have developed over the years, check out the infographic below.

1 IDC Q2 2021 Gaming Monitor Forecast Report
      2 IDC Worldwide Gaming Tracker, Q2 2021, 17.1% market share based on revenue (over 100Hz)
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      Samsung’s Odyssey G9 continues to establish itself as a leading gaming monitor, having received accolades from leading industry media for its cutting-edge design, display, and unbeatable specifications, and been named the best gaming monitor in the 2021 edition of the prestigious European Hardware Awards.

Unveiled at CES 2020, Samsung’s latest ultra-wide curved gaming monitor combines unparalleled depth with HDR 1000 and premium design, all to offer gamers an incomparable experience. Several leading consumer technology publications and design awards across the U.S. and Europe have subsequently awarded the Odyssey G9 some of their top distinctions, highlighting the monitor’s standout picture quality, 1ms response time, 240Hz refresh rate, and design innovation.

“Our 2020 Odyssey G9 monitor is an example of Samsung’s industry expertise in providing unbeatable image quality for gamers,” said Hyesung Ha, Senior Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “These awards are testament to our hard work in delivering the world’s best monitors for consumers, which continue to innovate and entertain.”

Read on to learn the reasons why the Odyssey G9 continues to win awards.

For more information on Samsung’s award-winning Odyssey G9 gaming monitor, please visit: https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/monitor/detail/1644/C49G95T
      View the full article
    • By dizzye09
      Trying to figure out why apps are not available on this platform.  Very discouraging that Tizen apps are either not available or not up to date .  Any idea why that is.  It makes it very hard to recommend anybody to use this platform and wish there were more updates availabe.  It this point this platform I would try not to buy if it was on a TV.   It's a shame because I like samsung products but their products with Tizen seem so out of date.

• By Autoguy
      I can't seem to install apps, I see the apps and click the install and it just doesn't install. I had no issue installing prior but now I just got Discovery + from Verizon for upgrading and found teh app but will not install. Samsung Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV - UN43TU7000FXZA