Quantcast

Seller Portal, What's New in August

2021-09-07-01-banner.jpg

The Galaxy Store Seller Portal team has been busy, bringing you many new and updated features. Let’s check them out!

Galaxy Store Seller Portal Policy page

Seller Portal-related policies are being collected and organized onto a single web page. Content about app distribution, pricing, and legal requirements that are available in separate notices, guides, and pages can all be viewed from the Galaxy Store Seller Portal Policy page. Bookmark this page and stay up-to-date on any new or updated policies.

2021-09-07-01-01_v2.jpg

Galaxy Store badge images

Galaxy Store badges are used to link to your app detail page or brand page. Samsung also provides an image, in different languages, for your link. Previously you had to create a badge URL in order to download a badge image. The UI has been updated to allow you to download a badge image at any time, without having to create a badge URL.

For more information about Galaxy Store badges, see Galaxy Store Badge Promotion.

2021-09-07-01-02.jpg

App re-registration

If your app fails to pass the pre-review phase, you can quickly and easily re-register the app to fix the issues. After reviewing the reasons for rejection, click the Re-register button from the app list or the Reasons for Approval Rejection window. Your app will move to the Re-Registering status, allowing you to edit your app information.

2021-09-07-01-03.jpg

Support for Galaxy Watch4 apps

Galaxy Watch4 apps registered in Seller Portal can only be sold in China. To sell your Galaxy Watch4 apps in any other country, register them in Google Play. Note that Galaxy Store only supports .apk files. Therefore any .aab file must be converted before it can be uploaded to Seller Portal. For more information about registering a Galaxy Watch4 app in Seller Portal, refer to this Seller Portal notice.

2021-09-07-01-04.jpg

Support for Galaxy Z Fold3 and Flip3

The new Galaxy Z devices have been released and are added to Seller Portal’s list of supported devices. If your existing uploaded binaries support these devices, you don’t need to do anything to start selling your apps on these devices. To check if these devices are supported by your app, go to the Binary tab and click Selected Devices. In the Detailed Device Settings window, locate the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G and Galaxy Z Fold3 5G phones and verify their checkboxes are selected.

2021-09-07-01-05.jpg

Seller Portal newsletter archive

Did you miss any of the earlier issues of the Seller Portal newsletter? You can view past versions from the archive page. Sign up for email notifications (Seller Portal > Profile) and have the monthly newsletter delivered directly to your inbox. Don’t miss out on future announcements!

2021-09-07-01-06.jpg

Additional resources on the Samsung Developers site

This site has many resources for developers looking to build for and integrate with Samsung devices and services. Stay in touch with the latest news by creating a free account or by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. Visit the Marketing Resources page for information on promoting and distributing your apps. Finally, our developer forum is an excellent way to stay up-to-date on all things related to the Galaxy ecosystem.

View the full blog at its source

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Samsung Newsroom
      “Walking along the beach takes me back to my childhood, looking at reflections on the water and the way the horizon keeps changing”
      — Serge Hamad, photographer

Serge Hamad is a visual storyteller whose multifaceted talents as a journalist, photographer and artist have informed the rich tapestry of his work. Having documented sociopolitical issues in war zones earlier in his career as a journalist, he now captures calm and serene seaside images as a photographer. Hamad’s work, including the highly acclaimed “Relax” series, captures tranquility in his signature style and also supports human rights groups with its impact.

Born in the Mediterranean, Hamad has been profoundly influenced by his lifelong fascination with the sea. His photography, characterized by comforting and reflective qualities, has gained widespread recognition from global audiences. Since joining Samsung Art Store in 2020, his work has gained an even wider following as people have interacted with his art in new ways.

This June, Samsung Art Store added two more of his notable pieces — “Beach #61” in the “Colors of Pride” collection and “Beach #64” in “Hello Summer.”

In an interview with Samsung Newsroom, Hamad shared his creative process and how his background and life experiences shape his art, as well as the profound impact his evocative images have had on viewers.

▲ Serge Hamad

An Artist’s Journey
      Q: Please describe your journey into the world of visual arts. What inspired you to move in that direction?

Earlier in my career, I used photography and videography to document various sociopolitical issues as a war zone journalist. In 2011, I decided to shift my focus to capturing more sincere and lighthearted scenes with my lens.

With the “Relax” series,1 my first body of work in fine art, I wanted to share peaceful and placid images with human rights organizations and support them with the proceeds. The public response well surpassed my expectations, so I decided to continue on this path.

Q: Your “Relax” series is well known. What inspired you to shoot a series on the beach?

I was born on the Mediterranean coast, and the sea has always fascinated me. Walking along the beach takes me back to my childhood. I used to love looking at reflections on the water and the way the horizon kept changing.

My multicultural background, being half North African and half Westerner, has profoundly influenced my artistic vision and the themes I explore in my work. This unique blend of cultures allows me to draw from a rich tapestry of traditions and aesthetics, especially when it comes to colors. It has given me a broader perspective, enabling me to see and interpret the world through diverse lenses.

Q: How do you make your beach photography so engaging?

When it comes to capturing an engaging image, planning and timing are crucial. Planning is more than just checking the weather before a shoot — it’s also about selecting the right filming location. For example, I would go to a beach near a marina if I want a shot of a boat on the horizon. To capture a pelican diving into the sea, I would pick a specific beach and go there an hour before sunset. The rest of the atmosphere depends on human interactions with natural elements.

Q: Why does the beach hold so much significance for you?

Consistency is my top priority when developing a collection. I started the “Relax” series at the beach because it is one of the most relaxing places on the planet for millions of people, including myself. I enjoy working at the beach because it reminds me of both the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea from my childhood.

“I started the ‘Relax’ series at the beach because it is one of the most relaxing places on the planet for millions of people, including myself.”

Collaborating With Samsung Art Store
      Q: How do you choose which pieces to share with Samsung Art Store? What emotions or themes do you wish to share? 

I work with Samsung to select pieces that align with a particular themed curation because that way, I can focus on the message delivered to viewers. I strive to convey tranquility and harmony through my pieces on Samsung Art Store.

Q: Samsung Art Store featured “Beach #61” and “Beach #64” in its June collections. Can you share the meaning behind these pieces?

▲ “Beach #61” (2023)

“Beach #61” was shot in California. The rainbow-colored lifeguard house symbolizes tolerance.

▲ “Beach #64” (2023)

“Beach #64” is more of a friendly invitation for the viewer to follow my footsteps on a walk at the beach.

Q: Of all the works you’ve made available on Samsung Art Store, what are your three favorites?

I’d have to choose “Beach #4,” “Beach #37” and “Beach #32.” All three photographs show how humans share nature with seabirds.

▲ “Beach #4” (2011)

“Beach #4” uses a minimalistic approach to convey serenity with natural lines and colors. Before taking this photo, I wondered who would call a taxi to go surfing. It was only when the car approached that I realized it was a lifeguard vehicle.

▲ “Beach #37” (2016)

I couldn’t resist capturing this scene of a seagull resting on a dune that looked like a charcoal painting.

▲ “Beach #32” (2014)

Even if the seagulls in “Beach #32” had left and weren’t in the shot, we would still know that they had shared the dune with humans and enjoyed it together. The footprints of both humans and birds on the same dune symbolize their different influences on nature.

“Embracing culture in our homes is always a great idea, and The Frame does just that.”

Embracing the Future
      Q: As an artist, how do you feel about the impact of technology on the art world?

Technology has always impacted my work and influenced my approach to photography. As a photographer, I use various tools every day to express myself — and different situations and subjects calls for different tools. Improving technology means giving artists more powerful capabilities to express themselves, so I embrace both analog and digital tools.

In my opinion, artists in all kinds of disciplines have always benefited from innovations. During my career as a photographer, I have seen the popularization of imaging technology to a level that made it accessible to everyone. I believe this has created new artists and will continue to do so. The main thing to keep in mind, though, is that technology is a tool. The artistic process happens in your own mind.

Q: How do you believe your collaboration with Samsung Art Store and The Frame has changed the way people appreciate art in their homes?

The Frame is a brilliant concept, making art more accessible to a wider audience. Embracing culture in our homes is always a great idea, and The Frame does just that.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers?

I’m working on a new series called “A table here, a table there.” I plan to spend a few months traveling along the U.S. West Coast to produce it and hope to share the collection by the end of this year.

1 All the “Beach” artwork on Samsung Art Store are part of the “Relax” series.
      View the full article
    • By BGR
      The Galaxy S22 has been a big success for Samsung so far, but the new flagship series isn’t without problems or controversies. The latest issue concerns the Galaxy S22 Ultra, as Samsung’s new Note model seems unable to hold a GPS connection.
      That’s the kind of problem that would impact any app that relies on location data. You’ll need GPS for Google Maps and other navigation apps. And you’ll also be using it whenever you want to share your location with someone else.
      Don't Miss: Wednesday’s deals: $50 Echo Buds, secret Fire TV deal, Oral-B sale, Samsung monitors, more The current controversies
      Before we get to the GPS issues, let’s look at the Galaxy S22’s other problems.
      I’ve recently highlighted four reasons not to buy the Galaxy S22, even when better price deals arrive. One of those concerns the Galaxy S22’s ability to survive drops, but it’s immediately fixable. The Galaxy S22 Ultra seems especially fragile in such accidents. You can reduce the risk by getting protective accessories from the first day.
      We then have Samsung misleading buyers regarding the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22 Plus display efficiency. Similarly, the 45W fast charging support available on the Plus and the Galaxy S22 Ultra seems to be a marketing gimmick.
      The most important issue concerns the phone’s performance. The throttling issue that was widely covered in the past few weeks might be hiding a more significant problem with Samsung’s flagships. It might be a chip a cooling issue. Samsung said in an explanation to shareholders that it hasn’t been cutting costs, however.
      That’s to say that the Galaxy S22 series is already drawing attention for the kind of faults you wouldn’t expect from a flagship. The GPS signal loss problem falls in the same category.
      Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in white, with stylus. Image source: Samsung The Galaxy S22 Ultra GPS problems
      Addressing camera quality issues, leaker Ice Universe also observed on Twitter that the Galaxy S22 is the best-selling Samsung flagship in years. But also the one suffering from the most problems. The leaker previously criticized Samsung for the throttling issue.
      The GPS connectivity complaints come from elsewhere, however. Android World detailed the problem, explaining that Galaxy S22 Ultra users would encounter GPS issues from the first boot. The problem can persist even after updates, and the GPS won’t work.
      A post on a Samsung Community forum in Europe has some 202 replies showing that some Galaxy S22 Ultra buyers have experienced the GPS problem. But the issue doesn’t appear to be widespread at the moment.
      There’s no fix for it either. The blog notes that resetting the APN settings might work. You can also consider resetting network settings. Whatever it is, it might be a problem with the phone rather than apps that need location data to work.
      If you’ve experienced any Galaxy S22 Ultra GPS issues, you can consider reaching out to Samsung for help.
      The post Some Galaxy S22 Ultra units might have a GPS connectivity issue appeared first on BGR.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      “I hope that my work will allow people to say what is inside their hearts or on their minds when they don’t have the right words.”

Carissa Potter describes herself as “a human longing for connection.” Through printmaking, writing and installations, she has pursued this meaningful goal of fostering interpersonal experiences. Her work spans various mediums, capturing the intricacies of such human experiences with emotional depth and resonance.

Potter has held residencies at Facebook, Google and the Kala Art Institute in Berkeley, California. Additionally, her pieces have been featured at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) and Urban Outfitters. Through her company, People I’ve Loved, she has expanded her reach to over 600 stores worldwide.

Her desire for meaningful connections is apparent in her work — which combines words with drawings to create pieces that deeply resonate with audiences. Samsung Newsroom spoke with Potter about her artistic journey and how she uses art to connect with people.

▲ Carissa Potter

Artistic Identity and Philosophy
      Q: Please briefly introduce yourself.

I am a person longing for connection. I write books, have conversations, create art installations and process emotions through text and images. My company, People I’ve Loved, has made objects to foster connections between humans and non-humans in Oakland, California, since 2012.

Q: What inspires you the most in your creative work?
      There is so much joy in problem solving and thinking things through by creating something. From a very early age, I have asked myself deep questions that require these types of creative thoughts. What about humans make us want to stick through hard moments? How can meanings exist in a meaningless universe?

Mirrors of Emotion as Themes and Narratives
      Q: Your openness in sharing personal thoughts and emotions adds a special layer of connection to your artwork. How has this transparency shaped your creations?

For artwork to be visually interesting, there must be some kind of emotional relationship. I gravitate toward art that is somehow reflective of my own experience — almost like holding up a mirror to a life that I either want or have had. Whenever I make something that is hard, painful or beautiful, I have faith that the piece is comforting someone out there.

“Anytime people are open, honest and vulnerable, there is a subconscious invitation for someone to return the sentiment.”

In a visual sense, the idea of connection is most directly communicated using words and figuration. So, that is what I tend to lean on — telling stories that we long to hear, but somehow have had a hard time finding due to societal limitations on what we are allowed to feel. The idea that feelings are responses to external stimuli is emotionally liberating. We don’t have to judge ourselves as good or bad — we just exist and that makes us worthy in and of itself.

▲ Carissa Potter with her daughter Margaret

Q: How do viewers typically respond to these deeply personal dimensions?
      Anytime people are open, honest and vulnerable, there is a subconscious invitation for someone to return the sentiment. I try hard to give people the benefit of the doubt and understand that I can feel this way and they can feel that way. Both perspectives hold value.

Then, when someone says, “I feel that way too,” “I found your work when I was going through something so similar,” or “Your work helped me accept my broken self,” I just feel like a part of something greater than myself.

“For artwork to be visually interesting, there must be some kind of emotional relationship.”

Q: In your discussions on emotional granularity, you mention using art as a release for feelings you might not express otherwise. How does art provide a platform for these emotions?
      We often wish to say the right thing or do something better. However, our intentions and actions are so influenced by the situation that it is hard to be honest. Through art, you can convey feelings or sentiments about someone that you could never actually say. There is an emotional relief to honestly sharing something with someone you trust and having reciprocated intimacy.

Carissa Potter x Samsung Art Store
      Q: “Winter Moon” was a favorite among Samsung Art Store users last winter. What inspires you to choose specific motifs for your seasonal pieces?

If I had to guess why “Winter Moon” was popular, I’d say it’s because it is simple. We live in a complex world, and simple images are like a break for the mind. The imagery is comforting and melancholic at the same time, so there is a neutral emotional tone that I am attracted to. Winter is often portrayed as cold, dark and isolating, but the season can create moments of safety and connection.

▲ “Winter Moon” (2022)

Q: “Bunny Love” and “Flowers for Mom” were featured in Samsung Art Store’s April and May curated collections. Why do you think these pieces resonated so strongly?

At the end of winter, we search for new life — for energy, vitality and things to celebrate and look forward to. Both “Bunny Love” and “Flowers for Mom” are visual representations of what we long for and a reminder of what is in store. Seasonal rituals are important for understanding space and time. In many ways, that is what the images are doing for us — grounding us and telling us we are right where we need to be.

▲ “Bunny Love” (2024)

“There is an emotional relief to honestly sharing something with someone you trust and having reciprocated intimacy.”

Q: What are some other pieces you recommend users to display on their Frame TVs?

During my episodes of depression, I found that tending to plants brings me joy. It is so simple and obvious —but, really for me, it was massively uplifting.

“Plant Wall” features various black plants against a white background. This piece was part of my collaboration with SFMOMA. “A Family of Plants” is a group of plants in terracotta pots. “September Bloom” shows a woman seated with a bouquet of flowers.

To me, plants represent the interconnected nature of being — they make you awe at the complexity of life. There is beauty and life everywhere. Working with plants makes me feel little, yet helpful. And sometimes feeling little is comforting.

▲ “Plant Wall” (2020)

▲ “A Family of Plants” (2024)

▲ “September Bloom” (2023)

Exploring Art in the Digital Realm
      Q: How do you envision technology impacting the creation and distribution of art?

I believe all art throughout time has been a collaboration with the available technology. But that is not a bad thing! It could be, but it is also just a reformatting of information and understanding.

I can’t say for sure what everything will look like in the future, but it’s interesting to think about how we are directly harnessing human knowledge when we use emerging tech or AI. In some ways, it is giving form to the collective consciousness.

Q: Have you seen any changes in how people engage or interpret art as digital mediums become more popular?

I love flipping through art and seeing the diverse pieces humans have made. In art school, making something comfortable enough for someone’s home was sort of a faux pas. But now, I think it is valuable if someone likes something enough to want to live with it.

Art is now a lot more democratic. It is magical to be able to enjoy artwork in your home that used to only be accessible in formal institutions. Your flesh and bone can be in one spot while your mind is in a completely different space surrounded by things and people you love.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to share?

I don’t think we discussed nostalgia. Recently, I pondered about why we keep objects. My brain tends to remember the hard things. From an evolutionary standpoint, this makes sense. If something is dangerous, I should remember it.

Yet, there are things that I want to remember that don’t always fall into the neuropathways that serve me to not die — like the good things. Reminders of the sweetness of life, times of connection and joy are more important than ever in recognizing that there will be moments of pleasure again. I think art can do that and so much more.

There is a study that suggested humans are taking less and less emotional risks in life. I find that somewhat depressing. I am interested in building relationships, feeling emotions and getting dirty. I hope that my work will allow people to say what is inside their hearts or on their minds when they don’t have the right words.
      View the full article