Quantcast

[Interview] Whanki Museum X The Frame Art Store – A Partnership That Brings Us Into the Artistic World of Abstract Master KIM Whanki

Samsung’s The Frame Art Store not only offers customization to fit any home décor and stunning QLED picture quality, but also transforms the user’s display into a window to the world. In October, the Art Store is introducing its partnership with Whanki Museum and the collection of world-renowned artist Kim Whanki.

As a pioneer of Korean abstract painting, Kim Whanki created his unique and characteristic art with refined, formative expression that is based on Korean lyricism. He was recognized for his artworks in centers for modern art that include Paris and New York.

Samsung Electronics has been partnering with Whanki Museum since 2018 to introduce a range of Kim Whanki’s artworks to global customers and provide easier access to Korean modern art.

Samsung Newsroom reached out to Whanki Museum curator Min-A Sung to talk about how art can serve as a medium for both communication and empathy.

Fostering Artistic Energy and ‘Art For All’

Whanki_The_Frame_main1.jpg

▲ Exterior view of Whanki Museum

Whanki Museum, established in 1992, creates a variety of artistic and cultural content through the research, exhibition and publication of the work of contemporary artists. The museum also provides educational programs and seeks to embody the philosophy of ‘Art for All’ by running a range of programs that expose disadvantaged groups to art and culture. “Whanki Museum will become an open venue for facilitating communication and building empathy based on artistic energy,” says the museum representative. “The partnership with The Frame Art Store provides increased opportunities for us to share our culture and art.”

Whanki_The_Frame_main2.jpg

▲ Inside Whanki Museum

How Samsung Communicates With Global Consumers Through The Frame Art Store

The museum representative also mentions that the ways people consume art are changing. “Art now influences our day-to-day lives,” they say. “In order to keep up with these shifts, we need to introduce new ways for people to experience art, and try to partner with experts to combine art and IT technology.”

Whanki_The_Frame_main3.jpg

Morning Star, 1964

The representative adds that they have high hopes for the collaboration between the museum and Samsung. “Vivid color and contrast, which deliver a refined sense of rhythm, are key aspects of Kim’s artistic style,” they say. “The Frame’s QLED 4K display is the perfect medium for his work to be showcased to viewers around the world.”

With Quantum Dot technology that allows more than a billion colors to be displayed at 100% color volume, The Frame allows artistic intent to come through vividly on a bright screen with accurate color reproduction.

Master KIM Whanki’s Artistic Vision Realized on The Frame

Whanki Museum has introduced ten of Kim’s major works to The Frame Art Store since 2018. This has allowed users to enjoy major works such as Deer and Eternity Song, as well as a variety of pieces that were not easily accessible to the public before.

Whanki_The_Frame_main4.jpg

12-V-70 #172, 1970

In addition to displaying Kim’s artworks, The Frame Art Store also provides background information on the pieces. “The curatorial department has created descriptions for each artwork to provide resources that deliver a range of perspectives and introduce Kim’s artistic vision to more people,” relates the representative. “We hope the detailed explanations provided by Whanki Museum will help users experience the pieces in vivid and stunning quality, just as though they were viewing them in a gallery.”

The Frame Art Store offers a comprehensive, ever-expanding collection of artworks to satisfy customers’ needs and match any environment or atmosphere. Its catalog now includes around 1,500 artworks from a range of periods and styles that were sourced from 40 famous museums and galleries and are displayed in exceptional 4K resolution.

Whanki_The_Frame_main5.jpg

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Samsung Newsroom
      “Walking along the beach takes me back to my childhood, looking at reflections on the water and the way the horizon keeps changing”
      — Serge Hamad, photographer

Serge Hamad is a visual storyteller whose multifaceted talents as a journalist, photographer and artist have informed the rich tapestry of his work. Having documented sociopolitical issues in war zones earlier in his career as a journalist, he now captures calm and serene seaside images as a photographer. Hamad’s work, including the highly acclaimed “Relax” series, captures tranquility in his signature style and also supports human rights groups with its impact.

Born in the Mediterranean, Hamad has been profoundly influenced by his lifelong fascination with the sea. His photography, characterized by comforting and reflective qualities, has gained widespread recognition from global audiences. Since joining Samsung Art Store in 2020, his work has gained an even wider following as people have interacted with his art in new ways.

This June, Samsung Art Store added two more of his notable pieces — “Beach #61” in the “Colors of Pride” collection and “Beach #64” in “Hello Summer.”

In an interview with Samsung Newsroom, Hamad shared his creative process and how his background and life experiences shape his art, as well as the profound impact his evocative images have had on viewers.

▲ Serge Hamad

An Artist’s Journey
      Q: Please describe your journey into the world of visual arts. What inspired you to move in that direction?

Earlier in my career, I used photography and videography to document various sociopolitical issues as a war zone journalist. In 2011, I decided to shift my focus to capturing more sincere and lighthearted scenes with my lens.

With the “Relax” series,1 my first body of work in fine art, I wanted to share peaceful and placid images with human rights organizations and support them with the proceeds. The public response well surpassed my expectations, so I decided to continue on this path.

Q: Your “Relax” series is well known. What inspired you to shoot a series on the beach?

I was born on the Mediterranean coast, and the sea has always fascinated me. Walking along the beach takes me back to my childhood. I used to love looking at reflections on the water and the way the horizon kept changing.

My multicultural background, being half North African and half Westerner, has profoundly influenced my artistic vision and the themes I explore in my work. This unique blend of cultures allows me to draw from a rich tapestry of traditions and aesthetics, especially when it comes to colors. It has given me a broader perspective, enabling me to see and interpret the world through diverse lenses.

Q: How do you make your beach photography so engaging?

When it comes to capturing an engaging image, planning and timing are crucial. Planning is more than just checking the weather before a shoot — it’s also about selecting the right filming location. For example, I would go to a beach near a marina if I want a shot of a boat on the horizon. To capture a pelican diving into the sea, I would pick a specific beach and go there an hour before sunset. The rest of the atmosphere depends on human interactions with natural elements.

Q: Why does the beach hold so much significance for you?

Consistency is my top priority when developing a collection. I started the “Relax” series at the beach because it is one of the most relaxing places on the planet for millions of people, including myself. I enjoy working at the beach because it reminds me of both the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea from my childhood.

“I started the ‘Relax’ series at the beach because it is one of the most relaxing places on the planet for millions of people, including myself.”

Collaborating With Samsung Art Store
      Q: How do you choose which pieces to share with Samsung Art Store? What emotions or themes do you wish to share? 

I work with Samsung to select pieces that align with a particular themed curation because that way, I can focus on the message delivered to viewers. I strive to convey tranquility and harmony through my pieces on Samsung Art Store.

Q: Samsung Art Store featured “Beach #61” and “Beach #64” in its June collections. Can you share the meaning behind these pieces?

▲ “Beach #61” (2023)

“Beach #61” was shot in California. The rainbow-colored lifeguard house symbolizes tolerance.

▲ “Beach #64” (2023)

“Beach #64” is more of a friendly invitation for the viewer to follow my footsteps on a walk at the beach.

Q: Of all the works you’ve made available on Samsung Art Store, what are your three favorites?

I’d have to choose “Beach #4,” “Beach #37” and “Beach #32.” All three photographs show how humans share nature with seabirds.

▲ “Beach #4” (2011)

“Beach #4” uses a minimalistic approach to convey serenity with natural lines and colors. Before taking this photo, I wondered who would call a taxi to go surfing. It was only when the car approached that I realized it was a lifeguard vehicle.

▲ “Beach #37” (2016)

I couldn’t resist capturing this scene of a seagull resting on a dune that looked like a charcoal painting.

▲ “Beach #32” (2014)

Even if the seagulls in “Beach #32” had left and weren’t in the shot, we would still know that they had shared the dune with humans and enjoyed it together. The footprints of both humans and birds on the same dune symbolize their different influences on nature.

“Embracing culture in our homes is always a great idea, and The Frame does just that.”

Embracing the Future
      Q: As an artist, how do you feel about the impact of technology on the art world?

Technology has always impacted my work and influenced my approach to photography. As a photographer, I use various tools every day to express myself — and different situations and subjects calls for different tools. Improving technology means giving artists more powerful capabilities to express themselves, so I embrace both analog and digital tools.

In my opinion, artists in all kinds of disciplines have always benefited from innovations. During my career as a photographer, I have seen the popularization of imaging technology to a level that made it accessible to everyone. I believe this has created new artists and will continue to do so. The main thing to keep in mind, though, is that technology is a tool. The artistic process happens in your own mind.

Q: How do you believe your collaboration with Samsung Art Store and The Frame has changed the way people appreciate art in their homes?

The Frame is a brilliant concept, making art more accessible to a wider audience. Embracing culture in our homes is always a great idea, and The Frame does just that.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers?

I’m working on a new series called “A table here, a table there.” I plan to spend a few months traveling along the U.S. West Coast to produce it and hope to share the collection by the end of this year.

1 All the “Beach” artwork on Samsung Art Store are part of the “Relax” series.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Electronics today announced it is showcasing its The Frame display lineup at Art Basel in Basel 2024, in its role as the show’s first official visual display partner. This year’s event is being held from June 13 to 161 at Messe Basel exhibition center in Basel, Switzerland.

Founded in 1970 by gallerists from Basel, Art Basel, today stages the world’s premier art shows for modern and contemporary art, sited in Basel, Miami Beach, Hong Kong and Paris. For its 2024 edition in Basel, Art Basel will bring together 285 leading international galleries from 40 countries to present artworks of the highest quality across all media — from painting and sculpture to photography and digital works — by artists ranging from early 20th century modern pioneers to emerging contemporary practitioners. Art Basel will once again reaffirm its unparalleled position as a platform for discovery and encounters that drive the art world.

At Art Basel in Basel 2024, Samsung is hosting Samsung The Frame Lounge, an exclusive booth for its lifestyle TV The Frame, under the concept “A New Way of Exploring Art.” Models of The Frame are installed both inside and outside a dedicated lounge, as well as throughout the show, to present visitors with a variety of vivid screen experiences.

“By participating as the first official visual display partner of Art Basel in Basel, The Frame has further established itself as the lifestyle TV we all think of when it comes to digitally displaying art,” said Cheolgi Kim, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “We plan to provide more digital art experiences with The Frame, contributing to the expansion of the art ecosystem and pushing the boundaries of technological integration within the art world.”

Samsung’s exclusive booth features The Frame Wall, with 14 models of The Frame displaying works of art that showcase their exceptional QLED 4K picture quality. Inside the booth, a Highlight Zone displays the wide range of remarkable artwork available on Samsung Art Store, while an interactive space called “Find The Frame Zone” allows visitors to enjoy discovering The Frame hidden among real artworks, hung side by side.

The Frame Lounge is also offering two live discussion sessions (titled “The Frame & Chat”) across two days, hosted by Daria Brit Greene, curator of Samsung Art Store, Samsung’s digital art subscription platform. The first interview is with Angelle Siyang-Le, Director of Art Basel Hong Kong (June 11) and the second is with Irene Kim, Global Head of VIP Relations, member of the Art Basel Management Board (June 12). Attendees can hear the insights of these two Art Basel leaders on the trend of art and key highlights of the show, as well as learn more about the meaning and goals behind the collaboration with The Frame.

In addition, to celebrate The Frame’s selection as Art Basel in Basel’s first official visual display partner, Samsung is hosting a session featuring prominent influencers, including Fritz Proctor and Geneva Vanderzeil, which gives them the opportunity to view the exhibition and experience The Frame for themselves.

The Frame was designed with art at the forefront. When it’s not in use, the TV can be used as home décor by displaying artworks or pictures on a premium, QLED 4K screen. And thanks to its Matte Display, users can admire the art clearly, even in bright rooms, making it look even more like a real work of art. Through Samsung Art Store, subscribers have access to over 2,500 artworks from renowned artists, museums and industry tastemakers around the world.

About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
      Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, home appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions, and delivering a seamless connected experience through its SmartThings ecosystem and open collaboration with partners. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.

About Art Basel
      Founded in 1970 by gallerists from Basel, Art Basel today stages the world’s premier art shows for modern and contemporary art, sited in Basel, Miami Beach, Hong Kong, and Paris. Defined by its host city and region, each show is unique, which is reflected in its participating galleries, artworks presented, and the content of parallel programming produced in collaboration with local institutions for each edition. Art Basel’s engagement has expanded beyond art fairs through new digital platforms and initiatives such as the Art Basel and UBS Global Art Market Report. Art Basel’s Global Media Partner is The Financial Times. For further information, please visit artbasel.com.

1 Event is open to the public from June 13 to 16, after VIP opening from June 10 to 12.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      “The Samsung Lounge presenting The Frame aims to create an open space for exchange, experience and enjoyment, bringing new perspectives to today’s technological innovations.”

Maike Cruse, recently appointed as the Director of Art Basel, Basel, brings a unique blend of artistic passion and strategic insight to the table. She has extensive art fair experience, having previously led the Gallery Weekend Berlin, Art Berlin (2016-2019) and Art Berlin Contemporary (2012-2016). Having worked as Communications Manager for Art Basel from 2008 to 2011, Cruse is well acquainted with the fair and the city of Basel’s cultural landscape.

In her new role, Cruse oversees the fair’s operations and cultivates a vibrant network of relationships with the world’s leading galleries, collectors and artists, ensuring Basel remains a critical hub for the global art scene. Samsung Newsroom spoke with Cruse about the history of Art Basel and its ambitious future ahead of The Frame’s debut at the fair.

▲ Maike Cruse, Director of Art Basel, Basel

Leadership and Vision at Art Basel
      Q: What are your key responsibilities at Art Basel and what motivated you to take on the role of director in Basel?

As Director of Art Basel in Basel, I am leading our flagship fair, overseeing the Basel-based team and working closely with the fair’s network of galleries, collectors and artists as well as nurturing strong relationships with the city’s leading museums, institutions and cultural partners. I’m also collaborating closely together with the Directors of our other three fairs in Paris, Hong Kong and Miami Beach.

When I rejoined as Director of Art Basel in Basel last July, I was thrilled by the opportunity to work with an exceptional, international team. Over the nearly past 20 years, I attended every Art Basel show and maintained an ongoing dialogue with the fair in my previous position as Director of Gallery Weekend Berlin. I am honored to lead this premier event in the vibrant art and culture hub of Basel and look forward to guiding its next chapter.

Q: Could you share how you appreciate art in your daily life, both through your job and outside work?

One great advantage of my job is that I am constantly surrounded by art – something I truly appreciate. Art continually inspires me, and I’m always seeking to discover new artists and projects. I am especially looking forward to all the discoveries I will make at this year’s fair in Basel, where over 250 galleries from 40 countries will once again showcase works of the highest quality.

Q: Art Basel is such a pivotal event for artists and enthusiasts. Can you tell us a bit about the show and its significance? 

Art Basel, established in 1970 by gallerists from Basel, has evolved into the pinnacle of Modern and contemporary art exhibitions worldwide. Our engagement has expanded beyond art fairs through new digital platforms and initiatives like The Art Basel and UBS Global Art Market Report, reflecting our commitment to innovation and the global art community.

“I would advise our visitors to explore The Frame in Art Mode and observe the distinctions among various techniques and textures displayed on the screen.”

Art Basel X The Frame: Offering New Ways of Accessing Artworks
      Q: How do you feel about The Frame becoming the first official visual display for Art Basel in Basel? 

In my view, the digital domain has the potential to enrich the tangible experience of art within our fairs. As fair organizers, our aim is to deliver the best possible fair experience for our international community of galleries, partners, visitors and collectors. This not only entails a rigorous selection process to ensure that the artworks meet our quality standards but also our commitment to integrating new technologies and services into our show.

I am thrilled about this partnership and look forward to the first edition of Art Basel in Basel with The Frame as the official visual display. In addition to its ability to serve as a digital canvas, showcasing artworks from renowned artists and museum collections, The Frame accurately displays vivid color. The Frame’s minimal light reflection is a big bonus as well, ensuring a realistic and immersive presentation of art’s beauty.

I am confident that our partnership with Samsung The Frame will elevate the show experience for our diverse audiences. The technology is remarkable, offering different perspectives on artworks and introducing new methods of displaying information, thereby improving wayfinding and minimizing paper consumption.

▲ Samsung The Frame became the first official visual display for Art Basel in Basel 2024.

Q: Can you tell us about the The Frame Lounge? What can visitors expect from visiting the lounge?

I am excited to see the lounge setup myself. It will feature The Frame in action amidst our bustling show floor. Especially the ‘Find The Frame’ section will be interesting – I’m curious to see how visitors react to this concept1 where original pieces of art and The Frame will be installed together. The Samsung lounge presenting the frame is to create an open space for exchange, experience and enjoyment, bringing new perspectives to today’s technological innovations.

I would advise our visitors to explore The Frame in Art Mode and observe the distinctions among various techniques and textures displayed on the screen. The thematic selections on display in The Frame Lounge will enable visitors to dive into different scenarios of displaying art with Samsung The Frame. Of course, it is a great opportunity to experience classic Masterworks, but what is interesting to me too is that you can discover so many talented upcoming artists.

“The growing intersection of technology and art is an interesting topic that is also widely discussed in the artworld now.”

Expanding Creative Boundaries in the Digital World
      Q: How do you perceive technology’s impact on art, and what future trends do you foresee in this evolving field?

Technology already has a profound impact on art and the art world. For example, technology has made art more accessible to a wider audience through various channels, such as the Samsung Art Store. Viewers can experience art in immersive ways, allowing them to interact and engage with it.

Technology will continue to shape the ways the art world sees, presents and engages with art. Digital innovations have changed the way artists create art, as they increasingly use technology as a medium for their practice, incorporating software or even artificial intelligence. That’s what I love about art – it constantly evolves, with artists experimenting, tapping into new industries and pushing boundaries.

The growing intersection of technology and art is an interesting topic that is also widely discussed in the art world now. As part of this year’s Art Basel in Basel Conversations program, we will host a panel between Ben Davis, National Art Critic Artnet News, New York and artist Cécile B. Evans to discuss the matter, taking place on Wednesday, June 12, at the Auditorium in Hall 1.0 with free admission to the public.

Q: Looking ahead, what do you expect from The Frame and Samsung Art Store?

I believe that technological initiatives have the potential to foster cultural exchange and inspire art enthusiasts worldwide. Through The Frame, Samsung has already established partnerships with renowned museums and cultural institutions, but also artists, thereby building bridges between various forms of artistic practices and mediums. I think collaboration with a diverse range of artists and art professionals is key to further establishing technological initiatives in the art industry.

Unique Features and Programs at Art Basel in Basel
      Q: What are the distinctive features of Art Basel in Switzerland compared to Hong Kong, Paris and Miami Beach?

Each of our shows is closely tied to its host city and region, creating distinct, localized experiences. Art Basel in Basel is our largest fair, featuring 285 galleries and an extensive public program. Paris has a strong French influence, Hong Kong showcases 50% Asian galleries and Miami Beach has a significant portion of the galleries coming from North and South America. These fairs complement each other, expanding our international network.

▲ A street view of Basel, Switzerland during Art Basel in Basel 2023

▲ Visitors take in the world’s latest and greatest works at Art Basel in Basel 2023.

Q: What unique aspects set Art Basel in Basel apart from other art fairs?

Our fair in Basel is our flagship fair, the mothership – it is where galleries showcase their finest works, thanks to the very precise selection process of the selection committee. Basel remains a beloved and important city for arts and culture. It offers first-class exhibitions and unique museums and institutions, which leads to an intense and concentrated art experience. It has one of the oldest art museums in the world, the Kunstmuseum, as well as leading private foundations, notably the Fondation Beyeler and the pathbreaking Schaulager. The city’s intimate setting also allows for a close and immersive experience of the fair and all the cultural programming surrounding it.

Q: Do you have any specific programs or content you would recommend for visitors?

Our aim is to address a diverse audience, which is why we offer a generous public program besides our main fair. Our Parcours sector and the Merian are free to the public and very close to the fairground. Curated for the first time by Stefanie Hessler, Director of Swiss Institute (SI) in New York, Parcours will unfold along Clarastrasse up to the Middle Bridge, connecting the Messeplatz with the Rhine. Hessler’s concept for Parcours is a curated exhibition that meanders through empty stores and operational shops, a hotel, a restaurant, a brewery and other quotidian spaces on Basel’s Clarastrasse. Our Conversations program is celebrating its 20-year anniversary this year and will again bring together thought leaders across the art world to discuss the current issues of our time.

Besides our show program, the local institutions host exhibitions that cannot be missed, such as the Summer Show at the Fondation Beyeler or the special exhibition of 100 years of Pan-African art in the Kunstmuseum. This is one of the unique features of Basel – you find first-class exhibitions and cultural events across the city within walking distance or at most a tram ride away.

This year, Art Basel in Basel will run from June 13 to 16 at Messe Basel. Visitors are invited to explore the latest masterpieces from around the world, as well as remarkable works of Modern and contemporary art at Samsung The Frame Lounge, as industry tastemakers share their ideas.

1 Visitors can experience the challenge of distinguishing between original art pieces and The Frame. Thanks to The Frame’s Matte Display and artful color expressions, visitors can appreciate the details of the artwork. While artworks in the real frame stay still, the artworks on The Frame changes, and visitors will be able to notice it’s a TV.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      “Bringing innovative design projects to mass production is a multi-step process that involves iterative exploration and trial and error. The Music Frame project is the culmination of positive energy and passionate collaboration across our design, development and CX teams since the summer of 2021.”
      — Chulyong Cho, Head of Design Team, Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics

Designing the Experiences of Tomorrow
      Samsung Electronics is home to forward-looking departments seeking untapped opportunities. True to its name, the Visual Display Business’ Future Experience Design group actively develops concepts for user experiences that are missing in the market before turning those ideas into innovative products.

Launching a new product is no easy feat, however. There is a long journey ahead after proposing an initial concept — from designing for mass production and collaborating with other departments to enhancing marketability and perfecting the product’s technical aspects. Brought to fruition through unceasing passion and innovation, this is Music Frame and its design story.

* Content images have been simulated for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product. Product specifications may vary by country, region and model.

Bringing Style to Spaces

Inspired by Your Lifestyle
      Consumers are now opting to purchase products that seamlessly blend into their living spaces instead of ones that only offer functionality. To that end, Samsung has introduced a series of lifestyle TVs including The Serif, The Frame and The Sero. Since TVs are not in use most of the time, these products transition to Ambient or Art Mode to offer a tasteful design experience — rather than displaying a black screen.

Delivering audio in the form of a picture frame, Music Frame is an extension of this approach. Setting itself apart from conventional speakers designed mainly to amplify sound, Music Frame and its concept of lifestyle audio prioritize the user’s lifestyle and living space. Picture frames are a familiar furnishing that can be placed anywhere, reflecting each individual’s taste and personality based on the kind of art being displayed. Music Frame draws inspiration from ordinary picture frames, allowing users to listen to music as they appreciate their favorite pictures.

Breathing Life Into an Innovation
      In collaboration with the development and CX teams, Samsung designers built and tested a working prototype that demonstrated high-quality sound. They received positive responses from users after extensive testing, which solidified their confidence in the product’s acoustic performance and overall concept. As a result, the initial design remained intact and went into mass production.

Bridging the Gap Between Decor and Audio

Sculpting Unseen Sound
      Music Frame embodies audio, so Samsung couldn’t lose sight of how people enjoy listening to high-quality music. Given the product’s unique form factor compared to traditional, elongated soundbars, the designers worked closely with the sound development team to perfect acoustics from the get-go. Speakers commonly have fabric, grilles or other materials on the front to easily emit sound. Together with the sound development team, the designers found a way for Music Frame to amplify sound through a gap between the frame and panel — creating a design rarely seen in audio products. The result? A frame-shaped speaker that is not restricted by the material that covers the front side.

Due to the frame’s shape, the gap between the bezel and the panel was important since this portion produces high- and medium-pitched sounds. After countless tests to find the optimal sized gap, both in terms of design and sound quality, the team settled on a width of 9mm. The designers worked with developers to make sure the vibrations from the rear woofer speaker — responsible for the bass — would not create noise when the product is hung on a wall like a picture frame.

A Piece To Personalize Your Space
      Just like a real frame, Music Frame allows users to swap the images inside for personal photos or works of art. Listening to music while looking at a framed photo of a precious memory or a piece of art adds new levels of depth to users’ experiences.

Samsung designers also considered users who might place the Music Frame on a table instead of hanging it on a wall. Meticulous refinements were made to the frame stand’s shape and angle to ensure it doesn’t look too prominent or cause reflections on the panel. Since the rear of the product is visible if placed on a table, the back was designed in a neat and minimal fashion.

Music Frame in Your Everyday

Your Life, in the Frame
      If there’s a particular image users want to cherish, they can create their own art panel by uploading an image to a third-party website and placing an order.

Music Frame comes in a default black bezel, but users can purchase an additional white bezel to match their decor. They can fill their frames with stunning images to create a stylish space that is perfect for listening to music.

* Art panels are sold separately and customization availability may vary by region. White bezels are sold separately and will become available starting in the summer of 2024.

Fill Your Room With Rhythm
      For more captivating TV viewing, users can utilize Q-Symphony for richer stereo sound by placing two Music Frames on either side of their TVs. For surround sound, users can place a soundbar in front of their TV and a Music Frame on the opposite wall to act as a rear speaker. With the SmartThings app, users can set the equalizer settings to their preferences. By fine-tuning the audio, users can enjoy more vibrant sound and immersive content.

* Q-Symphony using Music Frame is available only when connected to a 2024 Samsung TV (DU7000↑ & LS03D) or 2024 Samsung TV and 2024 Samsung Soundbar (Q700D↑, Ultra Slim, S-Series).

Looking forward to a future of new possibilities, Samsung designers will continue to develop products and designs that naturally blend into users’ lifestyles and living spaces.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Electronics, the world’s leading TV manufacturer for 18 consecutive years, will showcase its leadership in AI TV technology at the 2024 Latin America Tech Seminar. The event, held in São Paulo, Brazil, on May 28-29, will provide an in-depth look at the latest advancements in AI TV technology.

▲ (Left) Deokhwan Kim, Picture Quality Solution Lab at Samsung Electronics, explains that AI-backed features such as 8K AI Upscaling Pro are powered by a new and powerful NQ8 AI Gen3 Processor on the 2024 Neo QLED 8K.

The Tech Seminar is part of a global series, following successful events in Europe and Southeast Asia earlier this year and coming after the ‘Unbox & Discover’ events held across Latin America. The event will offer a more in-depth exploration of 2024 picture and audio technology, with experts from the Visual Display division explaining the new features to media and industry professionals.

Key highlights will include:

Neo QLED 8K: Featuring advanced image upscaling powered by the NQ8 AI Gen3 Processor, the Neo QLED 8K uses 512 neural networks to transform content from its original quality to a stunning 8K resolution.1 This AI-driven technology analyzes and improves image details in real time, providing a premium viewing experience with exceptional clarity and detail. Gaming Features: The 2024 Neo QLED comes with advanced game optimization features, including AI Auto Game Mode,2 which provides gamers with a seamless and immersive experience tailored to their specific game type. Samsung OLED: Offering superior picture quality without light reflection, Samsung’s 2024 OLED lineup ensures vibrant colors and deeper blacks than ever before. Samsung OLED’s Glare Free technology, certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL), ensures optimal color accuracy and clarity even in bright conditions. Music Frame: This innovative speaker doubles as a decorative frame, providing rich surround sound when connected to a Samsung TV. It integrates seamlessly into any home environment, enhancing both the visual and audio experience.  
      ▲ (Right) Kevin Cha, Picture Quality Solution Lab at Samsung Electronics, describes how the 2024 Neo QLED 8K incorporates the new and powerful NQ8 AI Gen3 Processor to support AI-backed features such as 8K AI Upscaling Pro and AI Motion Enhancer Pro.

“We are thrilled to offer an exclusive deep dive into our AI TV technologies at the LATAM Tech Seminar,” said Yongjae Kim, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “This event is a unique opportunity for experts and reviewers to experience firsthand our latest products that deliver exceptional picture quality, advanced features and seamless connectivity.”

For more information on Samsung’s 2024 TV and monitor lineup, please visit samsung.com.

▲ (Right) Andy Lee, Head of Picture Quality Solution Lab at Samsung Electronics, shares how the 2024 Samsung OLED features Glare Free technology to deliver a comfortable viewing experience.

1 8K AI Upscaling Pro
      2 Available in models Q80D and above
      View the full article