Quantcast

Samsung Digital Signage: the Story So Far

STF News

The evolution of digital signage – a type of display technology that’s used to deliver key information in an intuitive manner – has been remarkable. Today, digital signage enriches our daily lives with eye-catching content in all kinds of spaces, including plazas, shopping malls, cafes and more.

Digital_Signage_main1.jpg

By utilizing digital signage as a media art platform, Samsung Electronics has been paving the way for the expansion of the technology’s role. Today, the company is the world’s No. 1 digital signage manufacturer, having developed products that support a wide range of consumer experiences in locations across the globe.

In celebration of Samsung’s participation in InfoComm 2021 – North America’s largest audiovisual industry event, set to take place in Orlando, Florida from October 27–29 – let’s take a look at the stories behind some of Samsung’s most stunning digital signage.

Digital Signage’s Expanding Role and Growing Market

Both the global digital signage market’s size and the speed of its growth have been impressive by any measure. According to Omdia, a leading market research firm, the global signage market is expected to reach a whopping $19.9 billion by 2023. With a 33 percent1 market share by volume as of the first half of this year, Samsung maintains a firm grip on the No. 1 position in the LCD smart signage market.

In the era of social distancing, the digital signage market has seen rapid growth. This is because digital signage is being utilized in all types of locations, including everything from kiosks that offer integrated solutions for orders and payments, to drive-throughs that allow customers to view menus and order food from the comfort of their car. As people’s lifestyles have begun to change, companies have been placing greater emphasis on digital communication. As such, the role of digital signage has expanded to encompass various functions that complement such lifestyle changes.

Captivating Crowds From New York to Helsinki

Whether it’s depicting an enormous waterfall in the middle of New York’s Times Square, or crashing waves in downtown Seoul, Samsung’s vivid and scalable outdoor signage instantly transforms the vibe of any space.

Digital_Signage_main2.jpg

Samsung SMART LED Signage is installed on the side of the One Times Square building in New York’s Times Square. Roughly 110 meters tall and measuring more than 1,081 square meters in all, the signage, which boasts a tight LED pixel pitch and 9,000 nits of brightness, vividly displays a work of art known as “Waterfall-NYC (2021)”. The digital artwork depicts cool water cascading from an enormous waterfall.

Digital_Signage_main3.jpg

Samsung SMART LED Signage measuring 1,620 square meters (four times the size of a basketball court) is installed on the exterior of COEX’s SM Town in Samseong-dong, Seoul. The signage makes full use of its unique L-shaped design to depict a strikingly realistic three-dimensional wave. The installation is the result of a partnership with the Seoul-based design company d’strict, which also created “WAVE”, the work of art that is on display.

Like the signage pictured above, the massive LED screen at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles captivates crowds with exciting visuals. Stadiums have always been places that are full of exciting sights and sounds, where crowds of people gather to cheer on their favorite teams. Now, visitors to one of the premier stadiums in the NFL can enjoy an unforgettable game experience made possible by Samsung signage.

Digital_Signage_main4.jpg

Digital_Signage_main5.jpg

The 360-degree, dual-sided curved LED screen that hangs above the field at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, California measures 6,500 square meters in all, making it the single largest screen in the world. It is also the first stadium display to feature 4K picture quality, offering fans a vivid viewing experience from anywhere in the stadium. Approximately 9,100 square meters of Samsung LED signage has been installed on the stadium’s roof and around its exits.

Whereas large outdoor signage captivates audiences in open spaces, indoor signage can help heighten individuals’ excitement in a variety of settings, including when traveling.

Travelers from around the world may experience that excitement when encountering the S-shaped wall of Samsung SMART LED Signage in Finland’s Helsinki Airport. Meanwhile, the curved signage installed on the ceiling of MSC Cruises’ cruise ship, the MSC Grandiosa, enhances passengers’ experience with beautiful works of art.

Digital_Signage_main6.jpg

Measuring 580 square meters, Samsung’s curved LED signage is installed on the ceiling of the Galleria in MSC Cruises’ cruise ship, the MSC Grandiosa. Because the signage can be operated at all hours, it can provide passengers with various content based on the time of day.

Digital_Signage_main7.jpg

A total of 167 square meters of Samsung SMART LED Signage is installed in Finland’s Helsinki Airport. The S-shaped media wall features a 6000R curvature that emphasizes the beauty of waves. Onlookers can enjoy a wide range of natural sights curated by Finland’s tourism office, including picturesque snowy scenes and the awe-inspiring Northern Lights.

Enhancing the Atmosphere of Any Space

It’s important to select signage that suits the characteristics of a particular space. This is especially true for large complexes and resorts, including shopping malls and hotels, which tend to feature a wide range of colors.

Digital_Signage_main8.gif

Drawing from its wide-ranging product portfolio, Samsung delivered a customized indoor LED signage solution to Jeju Island’s Jeju Dream Tower in Korea. A large, circular media wall was installed in the tower’s second floor lobby to create the impression that guests are being transported to a whole new world. In the hotel rooms, meanwhile, TVs and smart room solutions have been provided to help travelers relax and to amplify the hotel’s premium experience.

It’s important for indoor signage to present information with consistent brightness and colors. For semi-outdoor signage, which is displayed in places such as retail display windows and outdoor drive-throughs, the key is to display information clearly, even under bright sunlight.

Last year, Samsung installed semi-outdoor signage in more than 1,300 drive-throughs for the popular Canadian coffee chain Tim Hortons. The signage features IP56-certified durability, which enables it to withstand Canada’s volatile weather conditions, as well as excellent visibility in bright light and an ultra-slim, 85mm design. By the end of this year, Samsung plans to continue expanding Canada’s largest semi-outdoor digital signage deployment yet by installing screens at 2,600 Tim Hortons drive-through locations.

In the U.S., drive-through sales at Smoothie King franchises have jumped from 70 to 90 percent during the pandemic. According to the company, part of the reason for this increase boils down to better business solutions enabled through signage. The pandemic has resulted in fewer one-on-one interactions with customers, making effective drive-through menu boards essential for revenue.

Smoothie King required a digitized business solution that would allow restaurant managers to make menu changes and localize promotions without having to wait to contact the franchise’s head office. Samsung’s semi-outdoor signage allowed them to innovate their operations by combining updated indoor and outdoor digital signage with remote management capabilities. This paved the way for more sales while demonstrating just how versatile Samsung signage has become.

Digital_Signage_main9.jpg

(Clockwise from top left) Semi-outdoor signage at Tim Hortons in Canada, Starbucks’ QSR drive-through in Korea, McDonald’s ‘MacAuto’ QSR drive-through in Russia, and a Seven Eleven store in Taiwan.

Samsung signage is also becoming a common sight at subway stations, where displays relay information such as arrival times, transfer gates and more. Samsung has installed a total of 4,218 signage screens in 90 subway stations in Seoul, and has replaced many analog maps with 49 and 65-inch touchscreen displays.

Digital_Signage_main10.jpg

The signage features IP5X-certified durability to withstand use in crowded subway stations, as well as an anti-reflective coating that enhances visibility. The displays allow subway passengers to enjoy a smarter commuting experience by presenting them with the information they need quickly and on a high-resolution screen.

Leading a New Era of Digital Signage Innovation

Digital_Signage_main11.jpg

Samsung plans to strengthen its position as the world’s No. 1 signage manufacturer by advancing innovative technologies such as virtual production solutions. The company will utilize its state-of-the-art Micro LED, The Wall, to create an immersive and seemingly endless backdrop for capturing content. Because The Wall is modular, it can be easily installed in a variety of spaces. The virtual production studio solution will enable creators to connect LED displays to cameras to create richly detailed virtual settings in real time.

Digital_Signage_main12.jpg

“Escape Pod” by Jonathan Monaghan. Powered by Niio.Art

Samsung’s recently announced partnership with Niio.Art, the world’s leading digital art platform, will offer businesses a stunning new way to engage with consumers. Transforming Samsung signage into an immersive digital canvas, the partnership will allow businesses to enhance their space with the very best in digital art.

Digital_Signage_main13.jpg

The Samsung Kiosk is another future-ready solution – one that is becoming increasingly more useful in an era of contactless consumer interactions. The technology offers an all-in-one solution for navigating menus, selecting items and making payments, and can be conveniently installed in restaurants, cafes, pharmacies, convenience stores and more.

If you’d like to learn more about how Samsung is optimizing its digital signage solutions for future applications, be sure to check out Samsung VX 2021. This interactive virtual experience offers a 360-degree look at business solutions that are customized for various spaces, including broadcast studios, control rooms and small to medium-sized businesses.

Stay tuned for more updates on how Samsung, the leader in this sector for the past 12 years, is shaping the future of digital signage.

1 2021 2Q Omdia Market; excludes commercial TV sales

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By STF News
      The Art Store of Samsung Electronics’ The Frame is the epitome of the digital-physical blend taking over today’s art experiences, allowing widely acclaimed galleries, museums and artists to showcase their masterpieces to users around the world by harnessing The Frame’s immaculate digital display to emulate the experience of a physical exhibition.

Melanie Mikecz, a mixed-media artist and illustrator based in San Francisco, U.S., is taking these experiences to new heights with her combinations of naturally-occurring patterns with hyperbolic expressions to masterfully blend the worlds of painting and graphic design for art fans of all ages.

In order to learn more about how technology is helping Mikecz create art that inspires artists and enthusiasts alike, Samsung Newsroom sat down with her to learn more about her creative journey.

▲ Melanie Mikecz

Q: You specialize in a digital mixed media style that charms children and adults alike. What inspires your work?

I have a background in both painting and graphic design. I found that combining painted elements and new technology gives me the most artistic freedom. I am not limited by the constraints of traditional media, but at the same time, my work has more texture and depth than digital media alone.

I have always been inspired by naturally-occurring patterns and vibrant color palettes. However, I do always like to add a twist to my work. Whether that is by exaggerating the color or by creating an imperfect pattern. Now that I have children, I am also influenced by their interests and aesthetics.

Q: Was your original intention when creating art to appeal to all ages? Or has that been a natural, organic reaction to your work?

I don’t know that I consciously sought to create art for all ages. Rather I enjoyed making art that was vibrant and a little funky. I’ve always liked drawing animals and creatures, so that tends to appeal to children. My more abstract work is geared more towards adults. However, I think there is a lot of crossover between the two styles.

My Art Store collection for The Frame has bright palettes and imaginative creatures that charm children. At the same time, I think many adults will enjoy adding some color and energy to their living spaces through my work.

Q: What do you think of the Art Store as a piece of technology to include within the households of children? 

I would imagine that the Art Store positively affects children’s development as it introduces them to a rotating gallery of art. By periodically swapping out the art on The Frame, children are presented with a variety of artists, styles and subjects. I think this can both inspire children’s own creativity and start bigger conversations.

Q: As you said, your illustrations are known for their vibrant color expression. How does The Frame display that aspect of your art?

The Frame displays color better than traditional print media, so my artwork is much more vibrant on its screen than on paper or canvas. The texture of my work also comes through nicely on The Frame. Furthermore, its function as a digital display allows for my work to get in front of a wider audience.

Q: What made you decide to work with digital art platforms, such as Etsy and The Frame’s Art Store?

I have been marketing my work on Etsy for years since it is a great way to sell my art directly to the consumer. When I first heard about The Frame, I thought it was such an innovative concept. So, when Etsy and Samsung approached me to share my work this way, I was eager to get involved.

Q: What has been your favorite piece of your own to be displayed on The Frame? Why?

My piece Enchanted Sea is one of my favorites because it bridges the gap between abstract art and illustration. The cool color palette of this piece has a modern, beachy vibe.

▲ “Enchanted Sea”, Melanie Mikecz

Q: How does showcasing your work on a digital platform like the Art Store mutually benefit art enthusiasts and consumers alike?

First of all, using The Frame to display art when not watching television is so much nicer than simply having an empty black box on the wall. I also think that it is super fun to be able to swap out the art being displayed depending on your current mood, the season, your vibe or another reason. For example, my piece Sea Turtle Swim might be displayed during warm weather or when you are dreaming of a beach vacation.

▲ “Sea Turtle Swim”, Melanie Mikecz

However, my piece called Mountain Adventure by the Sea might be more fittingly displayed during winter.

▲ “Mountain Adventure by the Sea”, Melanie Mikecz

This collaboration with Samsung and the Art Store is also the first time that I have worked with a partner to display my work only digitally. I appreciate the time taken to curate the collections on the Art Store and how diligently credit is given to the artist. The way art is carefully selected and displayed means that the Art Store has the sophistication of a museum collection.

Q: Ultimately, where do you see the future of art exhibition headed?

In the future, protecting the artist’s intellectual property will continue to be a focus. I also envision that we will see smaller displays much like The Frame all throughout the home, as well as more prominent digital-based displays in the broader world as digital art exhibitions become more popular.

To see more of Mikecz’s art pieces, including Enchanted Sea, be sure to head to the Art Store on Samsung’s The Frame.
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      △ Hyesung Ha, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics

Last month I had the opportunity to travel to Barcelona, Spain to attend Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) for the first time in two years. It reminded me that the world is returning to routines and norms. At the same time, it will be a fundamentally different world moving forward.

I can also apply these observations to Samsung’s digital signage business. In 2022 and beyond, Samsung will deliver a variety of solutions that were and still are important to businesses today, as well as new technologies designed to meet the needs of the modern world.

It’s clear that we will never fully return to what we used to think of as “normal” life. We’ve already reimagined offices, classrooms, entertainment and so much more within our daily routines. It’s my job not only to keep up with these trends, but to fundamentally reimagine the role of digital signage moving forward. That’s why Samsung is focused on redefining our most common spaces, reconnecting the world through new experiences and re-emphasizing the importance of digital signage in our daily lives.

Redefining Learning and Collaboration in a New Era
      One of the largest shifts of the past few years is the role technology plays within common environments such as classrooms in schools and meeting rooms in offices. These environments saw an increasing demand for digital transformations and now new considerations are required to ensure every student and professional has the same high-quality collaboration experience regardless of whether they attend in-person, online, or in a hybrid manner. In other words, learning and collaboration spaces have been redefined with an increased emphasis on inclusivity in any scenario.

Samsung is addressing this need with the new Samsung Flip Pro. It provides students and professionals with high-quality collaboration experiences whether they are in-person or remote with enhanced usability and specialized features to meet ever-changing business and education needs. With a focus on seamless and intuitive interactions, it’s easy to set up and easy to use. The newly added intuitive control panel enhances the overall classroom or meeting room experience along with the industry’s fastest touch latency, enhanced multi touch features and the ability to simultaneously connect devices to the display wirelessly for enhanced collaboration.

Reconnecting Through New Outdoor Experiences
      As consumers return to public shopping malls, sporting events and other forms of entertainment, businesses are competing now more than ever for their attention. With more outdoor activities, signage has become a bridge between consumers and brands while helping people enjoy digital art. In other words, signage reconnects consumers with the world.

LED signage also creates unforgettable experiences inside sports stadiums. Delivering the best viewing angles for fans was one of Samsung’s highest priorities. As part of these efforts, Samsung designed the largest videoboard ever created for sports, the Infinity Screen in SoFi Stadium as a part of the Hollywood Park Technology Alliance. Measuring 70,000 square feet, the incredible curved, 360-degree, dual-sided screen greets fans and provides a state-of-the-art way to experience the game.

Another trend where we see a major opportunity for growth is the electric vehicle industry. As demand for electric vehicles surges, carmakers, governments and local businesses are rushing to build more electric vehicle charging stations. This provides a new outlet to serve information and deliver promotions to electric vehicle owners, and Samsung outdoor signage is the perfect solution for this scenario. With ultra-bright picture quality and durability with certified IP56-rated protection, the outdoor signage can excel in a variety of weather conditions and environments, hence businesses can create engaging visual experiences while customers top up their batteries in charging stations.

Re-emphasize the Vision of ‘Screens Everywhere’ With Unmatchable Micro LED Technology
      Micro LED technology is set to define the future of display innovation. From the luxury industry to hospitality and travel, the potential of Micro LED is endless. The Wall is Samsung’s state-of-the-art display technology, which features even more options for businesses looking to transform their spaces with next level picture quality and immersion.

Samsung is the leader in Micro LED displays, which contain smaller LEDs, and allow greater LED density, enabling brighter and more detailed color expression inside a slimmer display profile. To create our industry-leading Micro LED technology, we have focused on three key areas: Samsung developed fully integrated ultra-fine Micro LED chips; such densely populated LEDs result in stunning brightness; and we continue to secure processing know-how for ultra-fine semiconductor chips to improve mass production.

These unparalleled technologies helped Samsung’s 2022 lineup of The Wall (IWB) open up new possibilities. The micro pitch feature of the IWB delivers the most detailed picture with 0.63 pixel pitch, the slimmest ever, in addition to providing a variety of screen sizes to meet any consumer or business need. Meanwhile, The Wall All-in-One (IAB) has transformed the installation process with a pre-adjusted seam and a ‘Pre-Assembled Frame Kit’ which makes the whole process as simple as a consumer TV. The Wall All-in-One not only saves valuable time but also lowers the total cost of ownership while delivering a better viewing experience.

In a constantly changing world, Samsung will continue to deliver breakthrough innovations to realize the vision of “Screens Everywhere” based on industry-leading Micro LED technology.

Reimagining the Role of Digital Signage
      As an industry leader in the global signage market for the past 13 consecutive years,1 we will continue to expand our sustainability efforts by creating products that can reduce carbon emissions and contribute to resource circulation.

Our digital signage solutions, including the 2022 Smart Signage, have received certified energy efficiency grades that rise to new industry standards, such as ENERGY STAR and EPEAT. Samsung also has incorporated eco-conscious packaging featuring recycled materials in all signage products since 2021 and became the first business in the industry to achieve the reducing CO2 label, certified by the Carbon Trust for its display portfolio.

In recognition of our eco-conscious efforts for our sustainability initiative, we won the ‘Sustainability Innovation of the Year’ at the AV News Awards in ISE. As we are grateful for the recognition of our efforts, we plan to make each step count while we collectively change production practices for a sustainable future.

The return to routines combined with new customer expectations and habits provides businesses with a rare opportunity to reimagine their offerings and practices. By considering a new role for digital signage moving forward, we’re helping our customers reimagine what’s possible to keep them ahead of the curve.

I’m excited for this next chapter for digital signage. At Samsung, we’re passionate about bringing game-changing innovation and value to our enterprise customers. We will continue to innovate, reimagining the role of digital signage in new and conventional spaces, all while increasing our customers’ possibilities in this new era.

1 Samsung has been the No.1 selling digital signage brand for 13 consecutive years by Omdia. (Note: Consumer TVs, along with Commercial Lite and Hospitality TVs used for signage are excluded.)
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      From May 10 to May 13, 2022, Samsung welcomed audiovisual industry professionals from around the world back to Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) to showcase its latest visual display innovations and sustainability achievements. Samsung highlighted its diverse lineup of commercial display technologies and solutions as part of its Business Reimagined concept, presenting signage technology and cloud-based management designed for hybrid scenarios. Check out the photos below for a peek at the next generation of signage technology from Samsung.

▲ (Clockwise) The ISE 2022 Samsung Booth at a glance

▲ Samsung’s ISE 2022 booth unveiled the latest lineup of state-of-the-art display technologies. The booth played host to a steady stream of visitors interested in Samsung’s diverse lineup of commercial display technologies.

▲ Before entering the booth, guests were treated to the latest model of The Wall from Samsung. The guests were offered with the immersive experience this technology offers in person.

The Wall: Packed With Unparalleled Visual Innovations
      The crown jewel of Samsung’s display was The Wall, the 2022 model of which was unveiled at ISE (Model name: IWB) — an innovative modular Micro LED display that delivers immersive viewing experiences in a high-resolution, large-screen format with purer black levels and improved gradients. The resolution is enhanced by the powerful Micro AI (Artificial Intelligence) Processor, which analyzes each second of content and instantly optimizes picture quality while removing noise.

▲ Samsung’s 2022 model of The Wall (Model name: IWB) at ISE 2022

▲ ISE attendees getting a glimpse of Samsung’s The Wall (Model name: IWA)

Outdoor Signage Optimized for Future Stores
      Samsung continues to innovate in outdoor signage, covering verticals from QSR to electric vehicle (EV) charging. With its durable and high-performing hardware, Samsung’s latest 2022 outdoor line-up (OHA series) can excel in a variety of weather conditions and environments through certified IP56-rated protection. Equipped with the MagicINFO cloud-based management solution, operators can manage their displays backed by Samsung Knox, a trusted security platform that further enhances security as well as convenience.

▲ Samsung Electronics’ Outdoor signage displayed on an EV charging station. In addition to charging statistics, customers can check various types of information such as traffic conditions and maps.

▲ Samsung’s mart Outdoor signage for drive-through enables customers to check menu items and make payments with ease.

Empowering Seamless Collaboration in the Hybrid Classroom With Flip Pro
      Delivering innovative solutions for the new era of the meeting room or classroom with hybridity at its core, Samsung unveiled the new Samsung Flip Pro (WMB), which features Smart View+, enabling operators to cast up to six participants’ screens no matter what operating system they use. With the improved UX, the new Samsung Flip Pro offers features designed to accommodate any learning or meeting scenario.

▲ ISE attendees exploring the Smart View+ feature, which can cast up to six device screens from users.

▲ Samsung Flip Pro’s specialized features are designed to accommodate any learning or meeting scenario.

▲ Samsung Flip Pro’s multi-touch features allow the simultaneous collaboration of up to 20 people. Attendees take notes on the Flip Pro to test its touch screen capabilities.

▲ Attendees take notes on the Flip Pro connected with The Wall All-in-One (Model name: IAB) to test its touch screen capabilities.

▲ The new Samsung Flip Pro offers features designed to accommodate any learning or meeting scenario.

Enabling Faster and Safer Orders and Payments
      The Samsung Kiosk is another future-ready solution — one that is proving increasingly useful in an era of contactless customer interactions. This interactive virtual experience offers a 360-degree look at business solutions that are customized for various spaces.

▲ The Samsung Kiosk offers an all-in-one solution for navigating menus, selecting items and making payments. It can be conveniently installed in any store.

▲ ISE attendees exploring the Samsung Kiosk

Neo QLED 8K Signage Delivers a Realistic Visual Experience at Luxury Stores
      Samsung also showcased the Neo QLED 8K, delivering a more meticulous and captivating viewing experience. This enhanced sense of reality ensures content has a deeper impact on the viewer, leaving them struck by the fidelity of the display while accurately and memorably representing a brand’s image. It is a perfect product for use in stores that want to showcase luxury items designed to captivate customers with their quality and detail, such as high-end jewelry stores.

▲ Neo QLED 8K delivers the realistic visual experience customers expect.

▲ Neo QLED 8K features darker blacks and brighter whites, captivating passing visitors.

Efforts Towards a Sustainable Future
      Samsung also highlighted its progress in sustainability as part of its Together for Tomorrow vision. The company showcased efforts to reduce its environmental impact in the production of new products, including increasing the use of recycled materials and improving the efficiency of energy consumption in its lineup. Samsung was also the first in its industry to achieve the reducing CO2 label, certified by the Carbon Trust for its signage and monitor products.

▲ Samsung showcased efforts to reduce its environmental impact in the production of new products as part of its Together for Tomorrow vision.
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      Samsung Electronics announced that the company has implemented new environmentally sustainable processes and initiatives, including low-impact product manufacturing practices and resource acquisition. These new changes join the company’s existing efforts to reduce its environmental footprint across its product portfolio.

As part of Samsung’s “Together for Tomorrow” vision, the company has applied recycled materials in its select monitor and digital signage products to minimize resource waste. Samsung is now using more recycled materials in its monitor and digital signage products, including the rear cover of its monitors and digital signage to increase resource circularity and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Digital signage solutions including the 2022 Smart Signage also received certified energy efficiency grades that rise to new industry standards. Samsung also has incorporated eco-conscious packaging featuring recycled materials in all signage products since 2021.

To improve both resource and energy efficiency, Samsung is using a SoC (System on Chip) solution that, when applied to the monitors and signage, allows content to be displayed without any additional devices, saving both waste and energy. Plus, Samsung has extended its product lifespan with enhanced durability to further minimize waste.

In recognition of its efforts for product efficiency, Samsung has earned an ENERGY STAR certification,1 in addition to an EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) certification for its energy efficiency improvements and recycled plastic use in its 2022 Smart Signage lineup (QHB, QMB, QBB).

Samsung was also the first in its industry to achieve the reducing CO2 label, certified by the Carbon Trust, for its LCD Signage lineup (LH55QHB), LED signage (LH012IWA) and Business Monitor (LS34A65). In addition, Samsung has developed and applied a new material, made with repurposed ocean-bound plastics, to the 2022 high resolution monitor S8 to reduce marine waste.

In recognition of its global 2022 sustainability initiative, which strives to incorporate environmental sustainability into everything it does, Samsung has been announced as the winner of ‘Sustainability Innovation of the Year’ at the AV News Awards on May 10.

“We are committed to ensuring everyday sustainability throughout our signage portfolio and playing a major role in reimagining a better planet,” said Hyesung Ha, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “As we are grateful for the recognition of our efforts, we plan to make each step count while we collectively change production practices for a sustainable future.”

The Samsung booth at 2022 Integrated Systems Europe is located at Gran Via, Hall 3, 3F600, in Barcelona from May 10-14, 2022. For more information about Samsung’s latest display technology, please visit https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/showcase/virtual-experience/ise-2022.

1 ENERGY STAR certification applicable only to U.S. market
      View the full article