Quantcast

Samsung’s 2020 Odyssey G9 Continues To Be Recognized as the Ultimate Gaming Monitor

STF News

Samsung’s Odyssey G9 continues to establish itself as a leading gaming monitor, having received accolades from leading industry media for its cutting-edge design, display, and unbeatable specifications, and been named the best gaming monitor in the 2021 edition of the prestigious European Hardware Awards.

Unveiled at CES 2020, Samsung’s latest ultra-wide curved gaming monitor combines unparalleled depth with HDR 1000 and premium design, all to offer gamers an incomparable experience. Several leading consumer technology publications and design awards across the U.S. and Europe have subsequently awarded the Odyssey G9 some of their top distinctions, highlighting the monitor’s standout picture quality, 1ms response time, 240Hz refresh rate, and design innovation.

“Our 2020 Odyssey G9 monitor is an example of Samsung’s industry expertise in providing unbeatable image quality for gamers,” said Hyesung Ha, Senior Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “These awards are testament to our hard work in delivering the world’s best monitors for consumers, which continue to innovate and entertain.”

Read on to learn the reasons why the Odyssey G9 continues to win awards.

Odyssey_G9_Monitor_Awards_main1.jpg

For more information on Samsung’s award-winning Odyssey G9 gaming monitor, please visit: https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/monitor/detail/1644/C49G95T

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By STF News
      Samsung Electronics, a global leader in the gaming monitor industry, announced the global availability of the 2022 Odyssey G85NB, G75NB and G40B gaming monitor lineup, further reinforcing the Odyssey’s industry-leading position in delivering the most immersive and lifelike gaming experience available on the market. The G85NB — the world’s first 240Hz 4K gaming monitor — is available in a 32-inch format, offering super-realistic picture quality, rapid response times and premium performance.

“Samsung is excited to unveil the world’s fastest 4K gaming monitor to unlock even more opportunities and deliver innovation to the market, creating a new and incredibly immersive experience,” said Hyesung Ha, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “Gamers ultimately desire that immersive experience in unity with their character and scene, and the Odyssey enables this with superior features and lifelike picture quality to give players a thrill.”

Odyssey Neo G8 (G85NB) — Unrivalled in speed and resolution
      The new 32-inch Odyssey Neo G8 is the world’s first and fastest monitor that combines a 4K (3,840 x 2,160) 1000R curved VA panel featuring Quantum Matrix Technology, with 240Hz super-fast refresh rate and 1ms response time (GtG).1 The 4K resolution is also supported by a color gamut up to 95% of DCI-P3 color gamut. The design of the Neo G8 was inspired by the iconic style of the Odyssey Neo G9, offering an effortlessly cool exterior which is packed with premium gaming performance features.

Together with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, the gaming monitor’s outstanding 4K 240Hz refresh rate and ultra-low 1ms response time allow players to get real-world accuracy to maximize their potential and compete at the highest level in any gaming environment. The Neo G8 also utilizes Quantum Mini LED technology, enabling ultra-fine and precise control of the densely packed LEDs, ensuring gamers see both dark and bright scenes as they were intended. In addition, Quantum HDR 2000 with a 2,000nit peak brightness and a million-to-one static contrast ratio brings out the most subtle details for unparalleled immersion.

The CoreSync lighting found on the backside of the monitor automatically detects colors on the screen and projects them in real life to create a deeper sense of immersion.

The Odyssey Neo G8 is also built to provide a wide range of innovative features to enhance any gaming experience. The monitor is equipped with new display technology called Matte Display which provides both anti-glare and anti-reflection protection, minimizing distractions and keeping users focused on the content in front of them. Plus, the monitor offers a Height Adjustable Stand (HAS), as well as Swivel and Tilt functionality for ergonomic efficiency and Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) compliant mounting. Users can customize their space for maximum comfort and productivity, supported by the flexibility of the Neo G8.

The G85NB was recently recognized for its innovative technology and named a winner in the CES 2022 Best of Innovation gaming category, as well as being a CES 2022 Innovation Award Honoree, also in the gaming category.

Odyssey Neo G7 (G75NB) — Immerse yourself with premium Mini-LED technology
      Samsung extends its Odyssey gaming monitor line up with the new Odyssey Neo G7, a 32-inch 4K (3,840 x 2,160) monitor with 1000R curved VA panel offering, a 165Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time (GtG), delivering a premium gaming performance.

This performance is powered by many of the same features as the Odyssey Neo G8 model, including AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Quantum Mini LED technology, as well as Quantum HDR 2000 with 2,000nit peak brightness and a million-to-one static contrast ratio for superior immersion that plunges players into the virtual world of any game they play.

The deep immersion is enhanced by the CoreSync lighting found on the rear of the monitor, bringing content to life with bright and vivid colors that create more memorable experiences.

The ergonomic stand, in addition to Auto Source Switch+, ensures the monitor works for the user and removes any friction while using for maximum performance, productivity and comfort. Players can also get to their content faster, without have to flip through multiple inputs, by simply turning on the PC for the monitor to instantly recognize and switch between the inputs.

Odyssey G4 (G40B) — Futuristic design packed with essential gaming features
      The G40B provides a brilliant option for gamers looking for a monitor with all the essential gaming features, packaged within a futuristic design. Available in 25- and 27-inch sizes, the Full HD resolution (1,920 x 1,080) G4 offers super-fast 240Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time (GtG), IPS panel with wide viewing angle and HDR10 support for a high-level gaming experience. This is further enhanced by AMD FreeSync Premium and G-SYNC Compatibility for smooth gameplay. Users can also relax in comfort with ergonomic features including HAS, Swivel, Tilt and Pivot to find the perfect playing position.

The Samsung Odyssey G85NB, G75NB and G40B gaming monitors will be available globally throughout June, with launch schedules varying by region. For more information, please visit: Samsung Odyssey Neo.

Specifications
      Model G85NB G75NB G40B Display Screen Size 32” 32” 27″ 25″ Flat / Curved 1000R Curved 1000R Curved Flat Aspect Ratio 16:9 Brightness (Typical) 350 cd/㎡
      (Peak 2000 cd/㎡)
      350 cd/㎡
      (Peak 2000 cd/㎡) 400 cd/㎡ HDR Quantum HDR 2000 Quantum HDR 2000 HDR10 Resolution 3,840 x 2,160 (UHD) 1,920 x 1,080 (FHD) Frame Rate Max 240Hz Max 165Hz Max 240Hz Response Time 1ms (GTG) Viewing Angle 178° (Horizontal) / 178° (Vertical) Gaming
      Feature Variable Refresh Rate FreeSync Premium Pro FreeSync Premium,
      G-Sync Compatible
      CoreSync Lighting Yes – Etc Black Equalizer, Low Input Lag Mode, Refresh Rate Optimizer
      Super Arena Gaming UX, Auto Source Switch+,
      Adaptive Picture, Ultrawide Game View, Flicker Free
      Others Front Color Black Rear Color White Black Interface Display Port 1.4 (1EA),
      HDMI 2.1 (2EA),
      USB3.0 Up (1EA) & Down (1EA) Display Port 1.2 (1EA),
      HDMI 2.0 (2EA), Ergonomics HAS(Height Adjustable Stand), Tilt, Swivel, Pivot Wall Mount 100 x 100  

1 Gray to Gray. A unit of measurement of pixel speed. Used to measure the response time of gaming monitors.
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      In this day and age, the lifestyles of gamers are as diverse as the games they play. With more gaming options and platforms than ever before, gamers these days come in all ages, styles and sizes.

Samsung Electronics has released three gaming monitors tailored to the way you play — the Odyssey Neo G8, Odyssey Neo G7 and Odyssey G4.

For hardcore gamers, the new Odyssey Neo G8 is unrivaled in speed and resolution, packed with premium gaming performance features for total immersion, like super-realistic picture quality and rapid response times. For professional gamers, the Odyssey Neo G7 is powered by many of the same premium features as the Odyssey Neo G8 model, delivering a memorable gaming experience. Finally, for beginners, Odyssey G4 comes with all the essential gaming features packaged within a futuristic design.

Whether you’re exploring the open world of a role-playing game, the fast-paced combat of a first-person shooter, or the unique storyline of an indie game, you need a monitor to catch every detail of the action.

No matter how you game, you can check out the infographic below to learn more about which Odyssey monitor is right for you.

View the full article
    • By STF News
      Many of us remember playing with clay in childhood, making sculptures of all shapes and sizes. Clay is a medium that allows us to bring imaginary worlds to life in new and exciting ways, realize our dreams and create unique experiences that are special to us as individuals.

Jay, a professional clay artisan, knows better than anyone the charm of bringing dreams to life with clay. Through his partnership with Samsung Electronics, he managed to capture the monitor of every gamers’ dreams as it has never been seen before – the Odyssey Neo G9 at a scale of 1:10.

In order to hear more about the process that went into developing this extra-special clay creation for Samsung, Samsung Newsroom sat down with Jay to get some behind-the-scenes insights.

Embracing a New Subject Matter
      Having made a name for himself by crafting intricate sculptures of sports stars and celebrities, Jay is not one to shy away from a challenge. “As a clay artist, I am always willing to try different things and embrace new subject matters,” he noted. “My previous works are mostly about people or animals, but when Samsung reached out asking me to make a sculpture of their leading gaming monitor, I thought that this would be a great challenge for me.”

But sports stars, celebrities and pets pose different challenges to that of crafting products such as monitors. “The biggest difference between making human figurines and crafting this monitor with clay is that the techniques used are completely different.”

From Technology to Art
      People might underestimate how long a sculpture measuring just 12.5cm wide and 6cm tall takes to create. Given every intricate detail that has to be considered, paired with the truly unique design of the Odyssey Neo G9, the process was a labor of love for Jay.

“I wished to fully replicate the monitor using clay,” assured Jay. “In order to achieve this, I needed to be sure to include as many of its details as possible and sculpted the work in precise proportion to the real product.” All in all, creating the replica of the full gaming setup – including the monitor, a model of professional gamer Faker, a computer, a desk and a chair – took a total of around 10 days.

The unique design of the monitor meant that choosing a specific feature to highlight during the sculpting process was no easy process. But for Jay, a few features stood out to him immediately. “During sculpting, I wanted to highlight the impressive size of the monitor, which is 49-inches and filled my whole desk,” he noted. “The monitor has a 1000R curvature, one of the main things you just can’t miss about it, and when it’s turned on, its mind-blowing backlighting system changes color according to the colors on-screen. I just knew I had to highlight these things in my work.”

Bringing the Unique Form of the Odyssey Neo G9 to Life
      While the end result is truly impressive, the sculpting process was not without its challenges. “The thing that took the longest was crafting the curvature of the Odyssey Neo G9,” said Jay. “I had to sculpt the curvature of the monitor slowly using a small knife – something that was definitely one of the most time-consuming steps throughout the whole process.”

Thanks to Jay’s dedicated efforts, his clay replica boasts a perfect 1000R curvature, just like the real-life Odyssey Neo G9 monitor. “Along with its stand-out curvature, I wanted people to get a feel for its shiny finish that struck me so much when I first unboxed the monitor,” he noted. “To present this glossy white exterior as is featured on the product, I polished the surface of the clay to make it shine.”

What’s more, the Odyssey Neo G9’s rear infinity core lighting and CoreSync is one of the most notable features of the monitor. CoreSync is the technology that automatically analyzes the color at the center of the screen and radiates the same color lighting from the back – and it wasn’t an easy feat to recreate this.

“While it took a significant amount of time to fully represent the overall appearance of the monitor, the lighting in particular generated the most challenges during the whole process,” Jay recalled. “I spent a long time trying various methods before finding the best way to present this synchronous lighting capability. After learning about the different color settings in the lighting system of the real monitor, I decided to use LED lights with similar colors to mimic the system as closely as possible.” While this approach may seem simple enough, it wasn’t the only element Jay had to consider.

“The most difficult challenge was in finding a material to cover the LED lights in order to let the light shine through,” said Jay. “I initially used clay to cover the light, but the lack of transparency didn’t allow the light through, and when I tried a thin white plastic film, I still faced the same issue. Finally, I decided to use lamination paper, as it is both thin and transparent, which covered the LED lights while still letting light through. I was very relieved that my hard work indeed paid off.”

Taking the Monitor Experience to New Levels
      After replicating the monitor, Jay concluded that not only is the Odyssey Neo G9 a piece of technological innovation – it is also art. “Its appearance, the curved design and the unique backlighting system are what truly make it a piece of art,” noted Jay. What’s more, Jay’s viewers enjoyed the finished replica just as much as he did. “My viewers really like the work and even wanted to see more of the production process behind it.”

With this astonishing clay replica, Samsung and Jay have brought the monitor category to life in ways never seen before – just as the Odyssey Neo G9 itself is a culmination of Samsung’s efforts to transform the gaming experience for players around the world.

To see more about how Jay brought the Odyssey Neo G9 to life with clay, take a look at the video here.

View the full article
    • By STF News
      Great gaming requires great hardware. And as the global gaming market continues to expand, more people than ever before are in the market for premium gaming monitors to ensure their experiences are absolutely top-class. Samsung, which has topped the gaming monitor market for three years in a row,1 has answered the call, delivering a broad range of Odyssey gaming monitors that are ideal for all types of gamers.

Following episode one of this series, in which we explored the history of Samsung’s Odyssey gaming monitors, Newsroom now introduces Samsung’s current portfolio of high-performance Odyssey monitors. In the following infographic, we deliver a helpful guide to allow gamers to determine just which experience-elevating Odyssey monitor is right to help them take their gaming experiences to the next level.

Check out the infographic below.

To find out more about Samsung’s range of Odyssey gaming monitors, please visit https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/gaming-monitor/odyssey.

1 IDC Worldwide Gaming Tracker, Q2 2021, 17.1% market share based on revenue (over 100Hz)
      View the full article
    • By STF News
      The pandemic has been a challenging time for all of us, with many people’s day-to-day routines changing greatly during this period. With many spending more time at home over the past year, a lot of people have taken up new hobbies. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this has led to a significant uptick in gaming across the globe. According to a recent report from IDC, sales volume of the gaming monitor market will increase by 40% from 14.1 million in 2020 to 19.8 million units in 2021.1

Against this backdrop, Samsung has delivered on gamers’ expectations with the launch of groundbreaking new gaming monitors. Through relentless innovation, Samsung has maintained its position as the number one worldwide leader in the gaming monitor market for three consecutive years.2

To learn more about how Samsung’s gaming monitors have developed over the years, check out the infographic below.

1 IDC Q2 2021 Gaming Monitor Forecast Report
      2 IDC Worldwide Gaming Tracker, Q2 2021, 17.1% market share based on revenue (over 100Hz)
      View the full article