Quantcast

Meet the Odyssey Neo G7 43″ — The First Mini-LED Flat Gaming Monitor From Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics today announced the global launch of Odyssey Neo G7 (Model name: G70NC), the company’s first flat Mini-LED model, adding a new form factor to the industry-leading Odyssey lineup. The new monitor delivers a large screen designed to give gamers a more comprehensive range of vision and details — inviting them to the worlds of their games with lifelike picture quality.

“The gaming monitor market is only going to get bigger, and gamers are now seeking more out of their monitors,” said Hoon Chung, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “We are not just delivering better gaming experience — we are rebuilding new smart capabilities into our screens that give gamers an all-in-one place for technology and entertainment. Our innovations are enabling gamers everywhere to stay absorbed in their games with visual performance that enhances the intense emotional experiences.”

The Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is designed to deliver lifelike picture quality, a customizable high-performance viewing environment and personalized features for optimal gaming and entertainment.

Gaming Monitor Big Enough for Any Game and Platform

The large 43” screen delivers 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160) with VESA Display HDR600 and HDR 10+ certification for advanced picture quality showcasing the best graphics of today. The Odyssey Neo G7 brings Samsung’s Quantum Matrix Technology to the fore, using Quantum Mini LEDs, which enable ultra-fine and precise control of the densely packed LEDs. As a result, users can see richer blacks, more expansive color expression and more detail, even in shadowy gaming environments.

Additionally, the Matte Display reduces light reflection on the screen, minimizing distractions during the most intense gaming sessions and letting the large screen deliver details while keeping the player focused on the game and the stunning visual performance.

The Odyssey Neo G7 is a great monitor for any gaming platform — using DisplayPort or HDMI connection to hook it up to the users’ Gaming rig or switch to HDMI 2.1 to play on their latest game console. Another option is to play a mobile game on a larger 43” screen through the built-in WIFI/Bluetooth or just connect a controller to enjoy a game in the cloud without even having a console.

Performance To Take Gaming to the Next Level

A 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms (MPRT) response time allow a swift, smooth response and enable precise mouse movements. Even during the most intense moments, the Odyssey Neo G7 keeps extremely smooth and fast action gameplay and reduces stuttering, input latency and screen tearing through AMD FreeSync Premium Pro support.

Users increasingly expect personalized and customizable gaming experiences. The Odyssey Neo G7 provides a range of innovative features that let users adjust screen size, position and even ratio for an optimal gaming setup. Flex Move Screen allows users to adjust the screen size between 43- and 20-inches to match their preferred size based on the game they play and even change the screen position. So, users can find the perfect way to perform at their best in any game.

To personalize their performance, users can use Samsung Game Bar,1 a powerful tool enabling users to quickly view and change important settings without ever needing to leave the game screen. Players can see and change FPS (Frames Per Second), aspect ratio, high dynamic range (HDR) and variable refresh rate (VRR) or adjust settings such as screen ratio, response time and Game Picture mode. Game Bar puts the player in control without missing any of the action.

Smart Features for Personalized Experiences

The Odyssey Neo G7 is equipped with smart features to cater to users’ wide variety of needs, with customizable experiences through Samsung Smart Hub and Samsung Gaming Hub.

Samsung Gaming Hub2 is an all-in-one game streaming discovery platform that allows instant access to games from partners such as Xbox and NVIDIA GeForce NOW, with no downloads or storage space requirements. It is the ultimate tool to enable users the freedom to explore every corner of the gaming world without limitations.

In addition, users can also get the smart TV experience with apps from partners like Prime Video, Netflix and YouTube through Samsung Smart Hub to enjoy various over-the-top (OTT) content using an Internet connection without even booting up their PC or connecting to other devices.

The Odyssey Neo G7 will be available globally from Q1 2023, with launch schedules varying by region. For more information, please visit: Odyssey Neo G7.

G70NC
Display Screen Size 43”
Flat/Curved Flat
Panel Type Quantum Mini-LED
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Picture Refresh Rate (Max) 144Hz
Brightness (Typical) 400 nit
HDR VESA Display HDR600

HDR10+ Gaming

Response Time 1ms MPRT
Viewing Angle 178/178
Gaming Feature VRR FreeSync Premium Pro
Smart Feature Yes Gaming Hub, Media Hub
Audio Speaker 20W x 2
Interface Video Ports 1x DisplayPort (1.4) / 2x HDMI(2.1)
USB Ports 2x USB 3.0 ports
Others 1x Ethernet LAN, WiFi5, Bluetooth 5.2
Design Lighting Yes (Core Sync)
Stand Tilt
Wall Mount VESA (200×200)

1 Game Bar supports PC & console gaming but does not support the Samsung Gaming Hub.

2 Samsung Gaming Hub only available in select countries: Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Spain, the U.S. and the U.K. In other European countries, cloud games can be accessed through the Samsung Smart Hub. Service and content availability may vary by region and partners.

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Samsung Newsroom
      “I know my pieces are influencing AI models and millions of digital paintings. While I’m not sure where this trend will lead, I do know that original art created by humans will always be the basis of any technology in the future.”
      – Erin Hanson, painter

Erin Hanson’s artistic journey is as vivid as the landscapes she paints. Drawing from the dramatic hues of Red Rock Canyon in Nevada and the Pacific coast, Hanson uses bold colors and textured brushstrokes in her signature style of “Open Impressionism.”

Through Samsung’s long-standing partnership with Saatchi Art, customers can access her unique works and access her colorful world on Samsung Art Store. Samsung Newsroom sat down with Hanson to discuss the scenery that inspires her and hear how technology is blurring boundaries in the art world by merging the physical with the digital.

▲ Erin Hanson

Letting Creativity Bloom
      Q: Tell us a bit about your artistic journey. When did you begin painting?

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be an artist. I started with oil paintings when I was 8 years old and explored other mediums — but I was always drawn back to oils since that’s what the masters painted in. When I hold a brush full of buttery paint and breathe in the smell of oils, I feel directly connected to the great painters of the past.

Q: Please tell us more about Open Impressionism.

People kept telling me that my paintings were distinctive and instantly recognizable, so I formed the term Open Impressionism after I had crafted about 400 paintings in this unique style. My focus is on color, light and the feeling of being surrounded by beauty in the outdoors. I call my style “open” because my inspiration comes from open-air landscapes. I use the impasto technique and keep my impressionistic paintings highly textured without smearing or blending colors. Through decisive brushstrokes, I let the underpainting peek out to give my works the appearance of stained glass or a mosaic.

▲ Dawning Saguaro (2021)

Q: Your paintings often feature stunning natural landscapes. What are your favorite locations? How have they influenced your creative process?

My first muses were the rocky landscapes of Nevada and southern Utah — the saturated colors of the scenic desert gave me endless subject matter whenever I went rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon. I’ve now explored many national parks and monuments including Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Monument Valley, the Grand Canyon and Canyon de Chelly.

When I moved back to California, I started exploring Carmel and Mendocino on the Pacific coast. I fell in love with painting the vineyards, oak trees and rolling hills of California’s wine country. Yosemite and Lake Tahoe always draw me in with their dramatic colors and seasons.

“When I hold a brush full of buttery paint and breathe in the smell of oils, I feel directly connected to the great painters of the past.”

Framing Nature’s Beauty
      Q: Your painting “Coastal Poppies II” is a favorite among users of The Frame. How did you translate this captivating piece for a digital platform?

“Coastal Poppies II” is inspired by one of my favorite coastal views in California, near Heart Castle and Big Sur. The painting brings me back to a time when the poppies were in full bloom, and I was standing alongside Highway 1 on the edge of the Pacific Coast — looking down into the rich aquamarine water with the salty ocean air blowing into my face. The contrast in colors and textures was so breathtaking that I completed four paintings in this series. The most recent was “Coastal Poppies IV” in 2022.

▲ Coastal Poppies II (2020)

“I formed the term Open Impressionism after I had crafted about 400 paintings in this unique style. My focus is on color, light and the feeling of being surrounded by beauty in the outdoors. I’ve [now] painted more than 3,000 oil pieces in [this] style”

Q: Can you share how you feel about your work being displayed on The Frame?

I like The Frame because the art is displayed on a wall, right where a real painting would hang. My fans and collectors can experience the brushstrokes and rhythms of texture within the painting which can be difficult to see on smaller displays.

I am also amazed at how well the Frame recreates the vibrant colors of my artwork. My impressionist paintings are all about color, and I love how the Frame captures the colors so accurately!

*Editor’s note: In 2024, The Frame became the first in the industry to earn the Pantone® Validated ArtfulColor certification. The Matte Display also minimizes light reflection to help viewers admire art under overhead room lights or even daylight.

Q: Out of all your pieces that users can display on The Frame, which are your top three picks?

My favorites are “Coastal Poppies II,” “Apple Blossoms” and “Cherry Blossoms.”

▲ Apple Blossoms (2023)

“Apple Blossoms” was inspired by a 30-year-old apple tree on my property. Since I moved up to the Willamette Valley in the Oregon wine country, I’ve been attracted to the four seasons in the Northwest.

▲ Cherry Blossom (2023)

“Cherry Blossom” captures a grove of blooming cherry trees near my gallery in McMinnville, Oregon. With pink cherry blossoms against a perfect blue sky, the painting is truly a harbinger of spring.

Q: “Apple Blossoms” will be part of Samsung Art Store’s April curated collection, “Spring in Bloom.” What can users expect?

The “Spring in Bloom” collection will capture everything there is to love about springtime. I live in Oregon, where spring arrives after a long, cold and wet winter. It feels like that moment in “The Wizard of Oz” when the world turns to technicolor — almost like someone flipped a switch one night, and the world is suddenly full of daffodils, mustard fields and flowering plum and cherry trees. I hope users get to experience that same kind of wonder and magic when they see this collection.

“My dream is to create an immersive Erin Hanson experience where people can step right into my paintings [in a digital environment] and be surrounded by moving pictures of my artwork”

Embracing Immersive Art Through Technology
      Q: Can you share more about what drew you to work with Saatchi Art, a longtime partner of the Art Store?

Beyond showing its works on The Frame, Saatchi Art is the best online hub for showcasing original artwork. The art collection is well-curated, with, and there is an amazing variety of styles and mediums. The fact that there is something for everyone makes it a great way for collectors to find new artwork, again and again. I have been selling my work through Saatchi Art for over a decade now. The Saatchi team is always helpful and easy to work with.

Q: Traditional art galleries allow viewers to experience paintings in person and fully appreciate the texture, brushstrokes and scale. How do you think digital formats impact the way people engage with art?

I’ve painted more than 3,000 oil pieces in my Open Impressionism style — and truthfully, I struggled to find ways to share my work with fans and collectors. Although I have several coffee table books and many paper prints, the best way to share my collections is through digital formats.

For digital formats, we typically look for compositions that work well on a long, horizontal layout. To obtain such high-resolution images of my paintings, we use a large scanner in my gallery that takes up the entire room. The scanner photographs the paintings from above using five different light angles, so we can control the amount of shadow that is visible in the final images. This variation gives the illusion of three dimensions, so you can almost reach out and feel the brushstrokes.

In addition, we map my oil paintings to produce high-resolution, three-dimensional textured prints. They’re so lifelike that most people can’t tell the difference between the replica and the original.

My dream is to create an immersive Erin Hanson experience where people can step right into my paintings and be surrounded by moving pictures of my artwork. In a digital environment like this, visitors can appreciate a larger quantity of art than the dozen or so pieces they might see hanging in a gallery or festival setting.

Q: Do you see technology playing an increasingly significant role in the art world? If so, how do you anticipate this trend to unfold in the years to come?

I am sure technical innovators will continue to find new ways to create and share artwork. For example, bigger The Frame TVs would allow art lovers to display even larger works of art on their walls. I know my pieces are influencing AI models and millions of digital paintings. While I’m not sure where this trend will lead, I do know that original art created by humans will always be the basis of any technology in the future. A computer may be able to alter and combine different paintings to create a new piece, but the original images were all created by individual artists who viewed the world in their own distinct ways.

Q: Can you tell us about any upcoming projects?

This year, I am traveling to France to follow in the footsteps of the impressionists and visit all the famously painted locations in Paris, following the Seine to Arles and Le Havre in southern France. I will be visiting the windowsill where Van Gogh sat and painted “Starry Night” and exploring the gardens that Monet so famously painted. This has been a dream of mine for several years, and it is finally coming true. Afterward, I plan to create a collection of French-inspired works in homage to the 150th anniversary of the first impressionist exhibition.

The works from this collection, “Reflections of the Seine,” will be released in September. You can read more here: erinhanson.com/Event/ReflectionsoftheSeine.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Art Store is today welcoming the arrival of 12 of Jean-Michel Basquiat’s most striking works, in partnership with Artestar and The Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat. This is the first time the iconic artist’s work has been officially released for digital display, and joins works from leading museums, collections and artists around the world available from Samsung Art Store.

▲ Pez Dispenser (1984), one of Basquiat’s most recognizable artworks, displayed on The Frame

Samsung Art Store is a subscription service that enables owners of The Frame to continuously transform any space with over 2,500 pieces of digital art, including works from the most renowned artists, museums and industry tastemakers.

Jean-Michel Basquiat was a beacon of innovation and social commentary, with his work not only featured in galleries and museums worldwide, but also igniting a powerful conversation on cultural complexities. Artestar and The Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat continue to honor his prolific legacy by showcasing his art and its underlying messages, striving to engage with audiences worldwide to ensure his visionary work remains accessible and influential.

“The ability to bring Basquiat’s iconic artwork directly into your home with Samsung Art Store is an exciting opportunity for global audiences to experience his work in a new and powerful way,” said David Stark, Founder and President of Artestar, the international brand licensing and consulting agency representing the Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat. “Basquiat’s work continues to spark important conversations and encourages us to look at our worlds differently. This partnership on The Frame’s digital canvas allows his pieces to be experienced in anyone’s home, helping to share his work and honor his legacy.”

The new collection features unique pieces from throughout Basquiat’s career. Among the works available to Art Store subscribers are Bird on Money (1982), a stunning tribute to Charlie Parker. Also included is Boy and Dog in a Johnnypump (1982), King Zulu (1986), which offers a large color block of blue in his more refined late style; and a dual portrait with Andy Warhol, Dos Cabezas (1982), which like many of his works pulls inspiration from his Puerto Rican heritage.

This body of work was curated specifically for Samsung Art Store, adapted for a 16×9 format and were chosen based on their ability to be reproduced accurately, in keeping with Basquiat’s legacy.

Jean-Michel Basquiat emerged as one of the most significant artists of the 20th century, his work rich with themes of heritage, identity and the human experience. Beginning his career as a graffiti artist in New York City under the pseudonym SAMO, Basquiat later transitioned to canvas to express his unique blend of symbolic, abstract and figurative styles. His art, characterized by intense colors, dynamic figures and cryptic texts, delves into topics such as societal power structures, racial inequality and the quest for identity. Basquiat’s impact was monumental, leaving a lasting legacy in the art world that explores social issues through his interest in pop culture and his own deeply refined neo-expressionist style.

▲ Mitchell Crew (1983), shown on The Frame via Samsung Art Store

Since its founding in 2019, Samsung Art Store has been committed to bringing art from the world’s most renowned museums and important artists into homes across the world. The addition of the Basquiat collection significantly broadens the range of contemporary American artists whose works are now globally accessible for display.

“Jean-Michel Basquiat’s work stands completely alone in the history of contemporary art, which is why it was essential that some of his most brilliant pieces were represented in Samsung Art Store,” said Daria Greene, Global Curator at Samsung Art Store. “Basquiat’s preeminent place in our culture and unique message to the world is as necessary today as it ever was, and we’re so proud to help share that message and expand on his legacy.”

Basquiat’s work has been celebrated with numerous retrospectives and is held in prestigious collections globally, including those of the Museum of Modern Art, New York; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Menil Collection, Houston; and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles. His work continues to inspire new generations, embodying a bridge between street art and high art and challenging societal norms.

Explore Thousands of Works From Artists and Institutions Around the World
      Alongside these new Basquiat pieces, viewers can explore thousands of additional artworks from masters such as Dalí and Van Gogh in Samsung Art Store,1 available for instant display on The Frame. Additionally, in Samsung’s Art Store you will find work from major global institutions including The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tate Collection, the National Palace Museum in Taiwan, the Prado Museum in Madrid and the Belvedere Museum in Vienna.

Samsung also recently refreshed The Frame line-up, with the new series now available for purchase. The 2024 line-up offers Pantone Art Validated Colors, so that every piece of art appears even more realistic, plus new Samsung Art Store – Streams, a complimentary set of regularly curated artworks sampled from Samsung Art Store. The Frame is even more energy efficient when in Art Mode, automatically adjusting the refresh rate so you can enjoy high-quality art, while conserving energy.2

ABOUT JEAN-MICHEL BASQUIAT
      Jean-Michel Basquiat is one of the best-known artists of his generation and is widely considered one of the most important artists of the 20th century. His career in art spanned the last 1970s through the 1980s until his death in 1988 at the age of 27. Basquiat’s works are edgy and raw, and through a bold sense of color and composition, he maintains a fine balance between seemingly contradictory forces such as control and spontaneity, menace and wit, urban imagery, and primitivism.

ABOUT ARTESTAR
      This partnership was done in collaboration with Artestar, a global licensing agency and creative consultancy representing high-profile artists, photographers, designers and creatives. Artestar connects brands with artists — curating and managing some of the world’s most recognizable creative collaborations. Learn more at artestar.com.

1 A single user subscription for Art Store costs $4.99/month or $49.90/year.
      2 This feature applies to the 55’’ display and above.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Electronics today announced that it has been named the number one signage manufacturer for the fifteenth consecutive year by market research firm Omdia, once again demonstrating its leadership in the global digital signage market.1

According to Omdia, in 2023 Samsung not only led the global signage market with a 33% market share, but also sold over 2 million units — a record-breaking number for the company.2

“Achieving first place in the global display signage market for 15 consecutive years reflects our commitment to innovation and our ability to adapt to evolving market conditions and the needs of our customers,” said Hoon Chung, Executive Vice President of Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to provide the highest value to our customers by offering specialized devices, solutions and services that address their diverse needs.”

Samsung Electronics is regularly introducing differentiated signage products that meet various business environment needs.

The Wall, the world’s first modular display with micro LED technology. Thanks to its modular format, The Wall allows customers to adjust the sign’s size, ratio and shape based on preference and use case. Smart Signage, which provides an excellent sense of immersion with its ultra-slim profile and uniform bezel design. Outdoor Signage tailored for sports, landmark markets, and electric vehicle charging stations. The screens in the Outdoor Signage portfolio are designed for clear visibility in any weather environment. Samsung Interactive Display, an e-board optimized for the education market that puts educational tools at the fingertips of educators and students.  
      The expansion of The Wall lineup is a clear indication of Samsung’s innovations and leading technology. Products like The Wall All-in-One and The Wall for Virtual Production were chosen by customers for their exceptional convenience and unique use cases, while The Wall has been selected as the display of choice for luxury hotels like Atlantis The Royal in Dubai and Hilton Waikiki Beach in Hawaii.

Samsung’s leadership in the digital signage industry can be attributed to the company’s commitment to product and service innovation. For example, the introduction of the world’s first transparent Micro LED display in January was noted by industry experts as the next generation of commercial display, earning accolades such as “Most Mind-Blowing LED” and “Best Transparent Display” from the North American AV news outlet, rAVe.

The recent introduction of the Samsung Visual eXperience Transformation (VXT) platform further demonstrates Samsung’s commitment to display innovation. This cloud-native platform combines content and remote signage operations on a single, secure platform, offering services and solutions that go beyond just hardware while ensuring seamless operation and management for users.

Looking ahead, the global display signage market is poised for rapid growth, with an expected annual increase of 8% leading to a projected market size of $24.6 billion by 2027, up from $14 billion in 2020.3

1 Omdia Q4 2023 Public Display Report; Based on sales volume. Note: consumer TVs are excluded.
      2 Omdia Q4 2023 Public Display Report; Based on sales volume. Note: consumer TVs are excluded.
      3 According to the combined LCD and LED signage sales revenue. Omdia Q4 2023 Public Displays Market Tracker (excluding Consumer TV), Omdia Q4 LED Video Displays Market Tracker.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Electronics cemented its position as the global leader of the commercial display market, defending marking the largest global share for 15 consecutive years.1

Having entered the commercial display market with a full B2B signage in 2008, Samsung continues to make history of digital signage with consistent technological innovation, differentiated solutions, and market leadership.

Samsung started by achieving first place in global market share of digital signage in 2009. Then in 2012, Samsung opened the LCD renaissance by introducing two transparent LCD models. In 2017, the world’s first cinema LED, Onyx, was unveiled, presenting a new standard for theater screens with unbelievable picture quality and infinite contrast ratio.

Over a decade and a half of “firsts” has led to myriad breakthroughs in digital signage. The world’s first modular display “The Wall,” introduced in 2018, has freely adjustable screen size and shape, expanding the scope of digital signage to various spaces, like art museums and department stores.

As demand for immersive content increased, Samsung created a new version of “The Wall” exclusively for virtual production studios in 2023. With ultimate picture quality, it overcomes the challenges of physical on-site sets and leads to a reduction in production time and cost. The Wall for Virtual Production continues to change the landscape of the content production with a top-tier customizable solution.

Here’s a look at the footsteps of Samsung Signage, which has been solidifying its #1 position globally for 15 consecutive years2 with innovative display technology.

1, 2 Omdia Q4 2023 Public Display Report; Based on sales volume. Note: consumer TVs are excluded.
      View the full article
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      View the full blog at its source