Quantcast

Samsung TV Plus Update Makes Browsing and Viewing Content Easier and Faster

Samsung Electronics announced a new update for Samsung TV Plus,1 its widely-used free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service. The latest version of Samsung TV Plus introduces user interface (UI) enhancements and new features, aimed at streamlining content discovery and elevating the user experience (UX). This update has been applied to cover 2,500 channels+ across all 24 countries where Samsung TV Plus is available.

Samsung-TV-Plus-Update_main1.jpg

▲ The latest Samsung TV Plus update features new features and a user interface (UI) overhaul to allow for better content discovery

New UI Dedicated to Expanding Content Discovery

The new Samsung TV Plus update includes a redesigned home screen to provide an overview of content available for viewing, in addition to popular titles and recently watched content.

The updated UI also features newly added categories on the left side of the home screen to include sections such as Live TV, Movies/TV Shows, Music, Kids and Settings, and more. Each category offers a broad range of content that can be easily accessed at any time.

Additionally, region-specific tabs have been added based on each region’s content catalogue and user preference to meet the needs of different markets:

• Music tab for the U.S., Australia, New Zealand
  • Kids tab for the U.S., Europe, Brazil, Mexico, India
  • News tab for India with multilingual support

Samsung-TV-Plus-Update_main2.jpg

▲ A Kids tab has been added to the U.S., Europe, Brazil, Mexico and India markets

Streamlined Channel Navigation

The updated interface features larger UI elements to improve the browsing experience, allowing users to easily navigate through an ever-expanding library of TV channels. Moreover, users can log into their Samsung accounts to easily access their favorite channels in one place at the top of the channel guide.

Samsung-TV-Plus-Update_main3.jpg

▲ Channel navigation becomes more intuitive with the new Samsung TV Plus update

Enhanced VOD Experience

The latest update also expands the Video on Demand (VOD) offerings and features of Samsung TV Plus. Now, users can access VOD from the channel guide, enabling instant playback of select programs without having to wait for a specific episode to come on the channel.2

The new “More Like This” feature offers content suggestion based on users’ viewing history, providing tailored content discovery that aligns with their preferences.

Samsung-TV-Plus-Update_main4.jpg

▲ The latest Samsung TV Plus update includes a variety of VOD content

“Over the past year, we have witnessed a 60% increase in global viewing time on Samsung TV Plus — a testament to the platform’s expansive content library and user-friendly design,” said Yonghoon Choi, Executive Vice President of the Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to evolve and enhance our services to provide a more intuitive and enjoyable viewing experience for our users.”

For more information on Samsung TV Plus, please visit www.samsung.com.

About Samsung TV Plus

Samsung TV Plus is Samsung’s free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) and video-on-demand service which offers over 2,500 channels globally as well as thousands of shows and movies on-demand spanning news, sports, entertainment, auto, design and more. One of the first FAST platforms from a device manufacturer, Samsung TV Plus is directly integrated into all 2016-2023 Samsung TVs, available on Samsung Galaxy mobile devices and Samsung Family Hub refrigerators on selected regions.

1 The latest update, Samsung TV Plus version 5.2, will be available on all Samsung Smart TVs released in 2019 or later.
2 If content is available for both linear channel programs and VOD.

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dnj
      I have a UE50TU7020 TV for which I would like to install a Flutter application, however as support for this was only introduced in Tizen 6.0, and the TV's seem to have shipped with Tizen 5.0, I wonder if they can be upgraded? And if so, to what version? The device is remote, so I can't just check for upgrades in the normal way. Before instructing others to do so I would like to find out if this device even supports 6.0+
      Many thanks,
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Samsung Electronics today announced that its Tizen OS will be embedded in Loewe’s latest premium TV, stellar, set to launch on July 15 in Europe. This is a significant milestone for the Tizen Licensing Program, which started in 2022 and is now rapidly growing in Europe and worldwide.

“This new collaboration with Loewe ensures that its latest luxury TV, stellar, will exceed expectations with the high-end experiences it brings to consumers,” said YS Kim, EVP, Head of the Service Business Team, Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics. “It’s also more momentum for Tizen OS, which has established itself as the software platform of choice for premium TVs. Moving forward, we will continue to push the boundaries of how users interact with their TVs.”

Loewe, renowned for its luxury and high-end TVs, has chosen Tizen OS to enhance the viewing experience of its consumers. In particular, the brand is celebrated for its impeccable design and use of premium and unique materials — including stone and concrete back panels. Building on that foundation, this partnership with Samsung underscores the mutual commitment of both companies to deliver superior user experiences.

Tizen OS, based on the newest 2024 Tizen licensing platform, offers a wealth of content and service options, making it the ideal choice for Loewe’s discerning customer base. With Tizen OS, users have access to a wide variety of features, ensuring an unparalleled entertainment experience. Key features include:

Samsung TV Plus: A vast array of free channels and on-demand content, providing a diverse selection of entertainment options. Gaming Hub: Access to top gaming platforms and services, offering an integrated gaming experience of 1,000+ titles without the need of a console. SmartThings: Seamless connection to smart devices in your home.  
      Outside of licensing partnerships, Tizen OS powers 270 million Samsung Smart TVs and offers an intuitive interface that minimizes the steps required for navigation and customization. Tizen OS users can stream their favorite content and play thousands of games — all on one screen — and every aspect of the TV experience is personalized and secured by Samsung Knox.
      View the full article
    • By Shashank Suryavanshi
      Hi, I've developed the Tizen app using the web and now after building it, the build is created in wgt format.
      I want to install the build directly on Samsung Tv so that I can test the app there once.
      I've already created the certificates and it's also verified by the Tizen team.
      Now, when I tried to connect the SamsungTv with Tizen using the Device Manager I'm getting these following errors
      The remote device is already connected by another one. This remote device is running on a non-standard port or There is no IP address, please check the physical connection What I've done?
      I opened the developer mode of Samsung tv and updated the IP address with my system IP address and in the device manager I added all the details what was required and after clicking on add button then I faced the above errors.
      Can anyone help me like how can we either create the build in .tmg format because Usb demo packaging tool is not supported now.  Or how can I connect the SamsungTv with Tizen Studio using the Device Manager. 
      I've read and went through the documentation from official site still I face this issue.
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      The Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 (model name: G80SD) has been making waves in the tech world since its launch on June 4. Garnering accolades like Editor’s Choice, 5-Star Ratings and Highly Recommended badges from multiple review publications, this monitor is being celebrated for its next-level OLED experience and new AI capabilities.

▲ Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 (G80SD) has been recognized by many leading outlets as a top-rated gaming monitor

The Odyssey OLED G8 is the 32” flat OLED gaming monitor with 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. It boasts innovative features such as OLED Glare Free and Samsung’s proprietary burn-in protection technology. Additionally, the monitor is powered by the NQ8 AI Gen3 processor, the same one used in Samsung’s 2024 8K TV. This processor upscales content to nearly 4K when using native Smart TV apps or Samsung Gaming Hub,1 providing a superior viewing experience.

See what each of the following review outlets said about the monitor (listed below in alphabetical order):

CGMagazine Forbes Home Theater Review Newsweek Trusted Reviews  

Groundbreaking Innovations in Gaming Monitors
      Forbes noted that “Samsung has taken the wraps off two cutting edge new additions to its acclaimed Odyssey range of premium gaming monitors, both equipped with advanced features the likes of which we haven’t seen in the monitor world before.”

“What really sets the S32G80SD apart, though, is a trio of ground-breaking new features for the monitor world,” said Forbes. These features include:

The Pulsating Heat Pipe, the first of its kind in a monitor to help prevent burn-in, “delivered in an ultra-thin screen design…can work on an extremely local level, efficiently only impacting the parts of the screen Samsung’s processor identifies as being potential ‘hot spots’.” The OLED Glare Free screen, which “‘rejects’ both ambient and direct light sources almost defies belief… This helps you appreciate the screen’s OLED-powered contrast better and removes one of the most common gaming distractions.” The S32G80SD-optimized NQ8 AI Gen 3 processor, which demonstrates “increased crossover between the gaming monitor and TV worlds.”  
      ▲ The Odyssey OLED G8 is the first monitor in the world to apply a Pulsating Heat Pipe that helps prevent burn-in

Versatile Gaming and Entertainment Powerhouse
      In addition to Forbes’ recognition, both Home Theater Review and Trusted Reviews acknowledged the groundbreaking features of the G80SD, awarding it top ratings and prestigious accolades.

Trusted Reviews praised the Odyssey OLED G8 with a 5-star rating and their coveted Highly Recommended badge. They noted that the monitor delivers on its multipurpose promises, providing both immersive video performance and exceptional gaming experiences. “Samsung’s S32G80SD is on a mission to take the brand’s gaming monitor division to a whole new level,” said Trusted Reviews. For those looking for a well-rounded monitor, “There’s no other monitor out there right now that does such a fantastic job of switching between its gaming and video ‘sides’ without either feeling compromised by the other.”

Home Theater Review echoed the praise, awarding Samsung’s OLED G8 their 2024 Editors’ Choice award and giving it an overall 5-star rating. They note that Samsung has “cracked the code” with the Odyssey OLED G8, stating that “whether you’re a casual gamer or a die-hard esports competitor, the G8 has you covered… For gamers, the G8 is an absolute dream.”

The outlet was also impressed by the monitor’s versatility, highlighting that “the integrated Samsung Gaming Hub transforms the display into a full-fledged gaming platform.” In fact, the Odyssey OLED G8 can also be used as a standalone TV through the Smart TV functionality, providing access to all the latest apps and streaming services. Home Theater Review concluded, “The G8 delivers an unparalleled experience… setting a new gold standard for all-in-one monitors.”

▲ The Odyssey OLED G8’s Core Lighting+ provides a more immersive ambiance to the gaming environment

Superior Performance and Design
      Following the recognition from Home Theater Review and Trusted Reviews, both Newsweek and CGMagazine also selected the G80SD as their Editor’s Choice, further affirming its standout performance and design.

Newsweek added to the praise, stating, “The Samsung 32G80SD is a fast 4K OLED monitor with a good smart TV interface and the ability to act as a smart home hub. The display delivers an incredibly fast refresh rate at full 4K resolution and a super fast response rate to give you as much of an edge as you can.” Newsweek also commended the monitor’s “stealthy” and slim design. They also described it as easy to install, taking less than five minutes to do so without any tools.

Impressed by these features, Newsweek credited the Samsung OLED G8 with their Editors’ Choice Award, emphasizing that the display provides “several upgrades to your PC or even a next gen console.”

CGMagazine awarded the Samsung OLED G8 with their Editor’s Choice accolade, giving the monitor an impressive review score of 9 out of 10. They remarked, “The Samsung Odyssey OLED G80SD struts the most when it is pedaling its breakneck 240hz refresh rate over its stunning 4K display.” They were particularly impressed by the monitor’s imagery, noting, “Where the Samsung Odyssey OLED G80SD separates itself from the rest of the pack is with onboard NQ8 AI Gen3 Processing…it feels like it’s the first time you’re seeing a game again through a fresh lens.”

▲ Samsung Odyssey OLED G8 (G80SD) has been recognized by many leading outlets as a top-rated gaming monitor

1 Gaming Hub is available in select countries, with app availability varying by region. AI upscaling functions only when using the built-in Smart TV apps and Samsung Gaming Hub. (PQ priority mode)
      View the full article