• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Has anyone noticed that the MAX app (HBO) is slow loading/transitioning pages. Reinstalling the MAX app doesn't seem to help.

• By Autoguy
      I recently signed up to sling tv streaming and have to say its better on apple tv. On my samsung tv it seems to be slower loading between channels. Apple tv the channels change as if its cable.  If I'm in the guide and click on a channel, I have to then click the "watch" button. I wish they would just remove that park, ON apple tv you click right into the channel for immediate streaming. I think its the way its designed, they should tweak it. Amazon Fire tv is not bad but the samsung Sling TV app needs some updating.
    • By Samsung Newsroom
      Technology is no stranger to the art world, and people are still finding new ways to use technology in art every day. Samsung Art Store, for example, works with galleries, museums, independent artists and artist collectives to bring unique digital art experiences to users of The Frame on a brilliant, Matte display. One of these partners, Noah Kalina, is a photographer who finds that technology such as the Art Store can help connect artists to their audiences in new and previously unimaginable ways.

▲ Noah Kalina

Samsung Newsroom sat down with Noah, whose work focuses primarily on the passage of time, to discuss how his work has changed through the years and what the future of display technology might have in store.

The Stories Behind Noah Kalina’s Work
      Q: What drew you to a career as an artist, particularly as a photographer?

In high school, I developed a passion for photography and attended the School of Visual Arts in New York City, where I received my BFA in photography. After college, I worked as a freelance editorial and commercial photographer, photographing portraits, landscapes and architectural interiors for various magazines and companies. By being exposed to different people and places, my personal projects were then influenced, and my commercial work allowed me to pursue my own art practice.

Q: Where do you find creative inspiration now?

I still turn to social media platforms to discover new work and find inspiration. I like to see what my friends and fellow artists are working on, so I tend to visit those websites on a daily basis to draw inspiration. Movies are another source for my future projects, and I watch at least four or five movies a week. I take long drives and listen to music because I can think about and conceptualize new ideas there. I also constantly flip through my art book collection to discover more obscure references.

Q: Others have described your work as “capturing the passage of time,” largely due to your well-known Everyday project that documented your face everyday for 20 years. How would you describe your own work?

I have always been interested in the passage of time; over the years, much of my work has been conceptually related to that theme. I love to observe how people and places subtly change over time, which can be seen in a number of my series, from Everyday to Lumberland to The River. I’d describe my work as subtle, quiet, slow and beautiful but with a little bit of humor!

▲ The River / 20220107 (2022)

Noah Kalina X Samsung Art Store
      Q: What is the story behind your partnership with the Art Store?

A friend of mine, Cody Cobb, whose work I greatly admire, had pieces in the Art Store. When I first saw his work there, I was enamored with how it looked on The Frame; it’s truly an incredible viewing experience. Shortly thereafter, I was asked to be included and immediately said yes.

Q: How has the Art Store partnership with Samsung impacted your career?

It has enabled my art to be consumed by people across the world. Some who have discovered my art through the Art Store have even inquired about collecting physical prints and some of my books.

Q: How would you compare displaying your art digitally, such as on The Frame, to more traditional mediums like print or an exhibit?

It’s hard to compare because digital displays are obviously very different than traditional prints. In many ways, digital displays like The Frame are better, especially for works native to the digital ecosystem, such as digital art, photography and video. The Matte display on The Frame and the backlighting can render certain artworks in a truly surreal, almost three-dimensional fashion, which is something a traditional print doesn’t do as well. One of the biggest advantages of a digital display is the ability to change the work over time and display different types of mediums. Being able to use the space a television takes up when not in use to showcase art is also a benefit of digital displays.

▲ The Redbud / 20140518 (2014)

Future of Digital Art
      Q: Has there been a change in how you create art as technology becomes increasingly integrated into the art world? Have you noticed a change in the way people consume your art?

The changes in technology for monitors and displays have certainly affected how I consider and make my compositions. But in reality, I am a photographic purist and generally do my work with a physical print in mind while understanding that my work may primarily be consumed on screens large and small.

I embraced digital technology fairly early and started posting my work on the internet in 1998. The idea of anyone, anywhere in the world, having access to my art is something I have always loved. People having potentially unlimited exposure to my work has always been important to me.

We’re certainly going to see AI impact commercial photography, and I think a lot of the types of photographs I used to be commissioned for won’t exist anymore. That said, AI tools can be used to enhance photographs and make the editing process easier, and I am interested in how I might apply that technology to my own projects.

▲ Untitled “River” (2013)

Q: Which of your works would you recommend to consumers to display on The Frame?

First, I would recommend the Untitled “Diagonal” (2015), which is a fallen tree captured in foggy woods. I had taken numerous photographs of this scene between 2014 and 2017 until the dead tree fell. There is something about this photograph that works particularly well on The Frame. It appears almost three-dimensional. You can read more about this series here.

▲ Untitled “Diagonal” (2015)

The Lumberland (2015) looks absolutely unbelievable on The Frame and is the first photograph I ever made in my Lumberland series. The series Lumberland is a time-based project documenting a black walnut tree throughout the seasons. I have taken more than 70 photographs of this landscape over the past eight years.

▲ Lumberland / 20150923 (2015)

My Untitled “Path” (2018) also looks fantastic on The Frame because of its mystery. It is a surreal landscape of a branch wrapped in LED lights set next to a seemingly endless stone wall. This is from a series of works where I insert electronic elements into the landscape.

▲ Untitled “Path” (2018)

To discover more of Noah Kalina’s artwork, head to the Samsung Art Store in The Frame.
      View the full article
    • By BGR
      Samsung just launched a new 100-day “Buy and Try” promo for the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Fold 2 foldable phones. Buyers can try either device for more than three months before deciding whether to keep the handset. Several additional promotions can lower the entry price for both devices. The 100-day trial promo expires on April 1st. Foldable phones are getting better and better with each new generation, but they’re not quite where we’d want them to be. The price remains prohibitive, and there’s always the worry that foldable phones might not handle accidents with grace. But foldable phones are part of the future, and Samsung’s move signals that foldable phones will play a big role in its smartphone strategy going forward. Samsung has just announced a program that’s too good to pass up if you qualify. You need to be interested in foldable phones and ready to pay the price tag of the Galaxy Z Flip or Galaxy Z Fold 2. You also need to make up your mind by April 1st. If you’ve checked all those boxes, then you’ll be able to try the foldable version of your choice for 100 days, which is the best offer available for essentially test driving an exciting phone you don’t intend to keep.

Today's Top Deal
      N95 masks made in the USA are on Amazon for $1.16!
      Price: $57.90
      Buy Now
      Samsung is practically extending the return period from 15 days to 100 days, which isn’t something you’ll get when buying other mobile devices, whether they’re made from Samsung or someone else. You’ll be able to try the foldable phone of your choice for more than three months before deciding on whether to keep it or getting a traditional phone instead.
      Samsung is taking a big risk here, but the upside is that more people will get to use the Flips and the Folds, and some of them might convert to actual users. The Galaxy Z Flip sells for $1,199.99, while the Z Fold 2 starts at $1,999.99. Samsung’s promo will help it move more stock even before other companies start launching new devices, including new foldable handsets. It’s usually in February and March that Android vendors launch new devices for the first half of the year. Samsung beat everyone to the punch with its mid-January Galaxy S21 announcement.
      The new “Buy and Try” program is only available on Samsung.com, and you have until April 1st to take advantage of the offer. Samsung offers up to $550 instant trade-in for the offer as well as $200 instant credit for accessories. This would make it even easier to pay for these expensive foldables should you decide to keep them, as long as you’re willing to trade-in your. The trade-in credit goes up to $600 if you’re switching from certain versions of the iPhone.
      Additional savings might be available depending on the type of buyer — employer discount, students, government, military, and public safety. Before you decide whether to test this unique 100-day “Buy and Try” foldables program, make sure you read all of Samsung’s documentation. Terms and conditions will apply, as with any program, and you’ll have to ensure the device isn’t damaged during the trial program to get the full amount you paid for the phone back.
      View the full article