Quantcast

How to Get HBO Go Samsung Tizen TV

Alex

How do you get HBO Go on Samsung Tizen Smart TVs? HBO Go is supported on most Samsung Tizen Smart TVs.

To find out if HBO GO is available on your Samsung TV, go to Samsung TV: Compatible Devices with HBO GO and look for your Samsung TV model.

If HBO GO is not available on your Samsung TV, you can use a streaming player (such as Roku or Apple TV), a game console, or stream HBO GO to your TV using Chromecast. 

Go to Smart Hub and search for HBO Go

Our J520DAF had both HBOGO and HBONOW, I checked before I dumped our service that we were being able to use GO through that we were for a long time. Once I dropped the service I went to activate NOW and it's now longer there. If anything I would expect NOW to be there and not GO. Why would GO be there and not NOW?!! This has really screwed things up for me and is costing us a lot of money because we have to get it through AmazonPrime as an add-on channel and pay per account, double. When I could pay once and get it on HBONOW. Having NOW would make these TV's more desirable . . . Now I'll have to go buy a brand that has NOW . . .

What's this all about?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. HBOGO is all over the place. But it's HBONOW is what I have on my KS8000, AppleTV 4K and other devices that are not connected to the J520DAF of which I checked on this TV and it was there before I made any move. And the fact that it's not on all TV's being that it's HBO's "subscription" app and GO is, it makes no sense to me why it's not there and the GO is not the one missing. People are cutting the cord and the stand-a-lone apps are the ones that need to be in the forefront.

Once I saw it was on both TV's I made the move to get rid of our then current Internet provider where we were getting HBO through and go with a cheaper and seriously faster Fiber service that does not offer us HBO. After doing my "homework" I was assured that this move was covered and even downloaded the HBONOW app to the J520DAF to make it could actually be had. And it could be. After dumping the provider that we got HBO through and could use HBOGO with, I subscribed to HBO directly and set it up on my KS8000 and when I went to our J520DAF the HBONOW app was gone! as I am reading of those complaining apps that they have been using suddenly disappeared. And no HBONOW it's not in the app store for the J520DAF. Which really screws me up and is costing me more money than necessary and would easily finance a new TV and probably not a Samsung if these types of things are apt to happen . . . .

18 hours ago, FarmerBob said:

Thanks for the reply. HBOGO is all over the place. But it's HBONOW is what I have on my KS8000, AppleTV 4K and other devices that are not connected to the J520DAF of which I checked on this TV and it was there before I made any move. And the fact that it's not on all TV's being that it's HBO's "subscription" app and GO is, it makes no sense to me why it's not there and the GO is not the one missing. People are cutting the cord and the stand-a-lone apps are the ones that need to be in the forefront.

Once I saw it was on both TV's I made the move to get rid of our then current Internet provider where we were getting HBO through and go with a cheaper and seriously faster Fiber service that does not offer us HBO. After doing my "homework" I was assured that this move was covered and even downloaded the HBONOW app to the J520DAF to make it could actually be had. And it could be. After dumping the provider that we got HBO through and could use HBOGO with, I subscribed to HBO directly and set it up on my KS8000 and when I went to our J520DAF the HBONOW app was gone! as I am reading of those complaining apps that they have been using suddenly disappeared. And no HBONOW it's not in the app store for the J520DAF. Which really screws me up and is costing me more money than necessary and would easily finance a new TV and probably not a Samsung if these types of things are apt to happen . . . .

what's your region, is it US? check out this article: https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-change-region-on-samsung-smart-tv-k-series/

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thank you for your reply. But as clearly stated, I have the app on my KS8000. I had it on my J520DAF, even downloaded it to the TV to make sure it was really there prior to severely changing my HBO subscriptions and when I went to set it up after subscribing to HBONOW the app was gone but HBOGO is there. In the "Availability Charts" it now cuts off at the 5300 models. It once included the 5200 models, which is what I need. The kicker is why have HBOGO and not HBONOW?!!!! More people will be needing HBONOW than HBOGO. This whole episode and added expense it has cost me will seriously change my opinion on Samsung. But since Samsung will now longer be making LED Flatscreens and are talking of retooling plants to make OLEDs. Switching brands would be a no brainer . . . But having HBONOW back on my J520DAF would so fantastic!! and I would be so grateful!!!

I need HBONOW on my J520DAF. Not HBOGO. It was there at one time . . . 

• 1 year later...

hello,

both on Samsung TV and on the phone, in the google play or galaxy store application, the HBO GO application is not valid in Germany. How can I install this application, where I find an APK for my TV. I checked and there is this application for my TV model. thank you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By vittoria
      I have some issues during Tizen Studio installation. I have a MacBook Air with BigSur 11.6 and after having downloaded Tizen 4.1.1, the installer needs some authorizations to go on. Well, I have solved the problem with these authorizations (from the "System Preferences" options) but once I click on "Open", the installer does not go on and its icon goes away from my desktop. 
      I have already read that someone has the same problem as me (more o less), however I was not able to find an answer with a solution to this problem.
      I hope that everything is clear from my massage. 
      Thank you.
    • By kostass123
      Dear friends,
      I am looking to buy a new TV for my mother who is quite old and cannot see very well.
      I know it may sound too picky but I am looking for a Samsung TV in which I can access the TV guide with the push of just one button.
      That's what I mean by TV guide:

My mom's old Samsung has the "GUIDE" button on the remote to do that.
      The remote was like that: 

I really like the UE43AU9072 but I think it only comes with the new smart remote which has very few buttons.
      As I said, I need to access the TV guide with the push of a single button just like on my old TV.
      Can the new smart TV remote do that? If not, is it possible to use my old IR remote?

Maybe one of you guys with new TVs can help! 
      Thanks!
    • By STF News
      Check out our latest podcast interview with Eric Cloninger, Developer Relations Lead at Samsung. In this special episode of the POW! podcast we chat about some of the highlights from our past developer conferences, and what you can look forward to at this year's SDC21 virtual conference.
      Topics Covered
      SDC21, Virtual Conference History of the Samsung Developer Conference Conference Audience Keynote Speakers Conference Announcements Technical Sessions Expo Floor Galaxy Store Gallery Code Lab Virtual Reality After-Hours Party Chris Shomo, Infinity Watchfaces Watch Face Studio 2020 Best of Galaxy Store Awards 2021 Best of Galaxy Store Awards Bixby Developers One UI Beta Samsung Podcast Platform SmartThings Listen Now
      Watch the Trailer
      Read Along
      Transcripts for the Samsung Developers Podcast are available at the Samsung Developers Portal.
      View the full blog at its source
    • By STF News
      Start Date Oct 26, 2021
      Location Online
      Counting down the days until the first online SDC. We're cooking up something new for SDC21 on October 26th.
      Stay tuned for more info and get a first look at the event here.
      #SDC21 #ShapeDesignCreate #Samsung
      View the full blog at its source
    • By SAMSUNG
      Enjoy an enhanced viewing experience with Neo QLED 8K. Its game-changing display technology brings you a step closer to reality through your TV screens. Greatness never ends, but evolves. #NeoQLED8K #SamsungTV
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By amdtek
      I bought 2 IPTV apps (1. Smart IPTV & 2. SmartOne IPTV) for my Samsung tizen-powered 4.0 TV. At first both played smoothly, each with different streaming service (paid & free).
      Now after one day it plays for like 1 minute, then freezes and hangs up.
      Can anyone help how to fix this?

• By Alex
      At I/O 2021, Google announced the next version of Wear OS. The company teamed up with Samsung and merged Tizen with Wear OS for the latest generation of its wearable OS to fix all its shortcomings.

This led to speculation that Samsung could also ditch Tizen in favor of Android TV for its smart TVs. However, that will not happen as Samsung intends to continue using Tizen OS for its smart TVs.
      Samsung Prefers Tizen to Android TV
      Despite Android TV rapidly gaining popularity and becoming the default OS of choice for the majority of smart TVs out there, Samsung has decided to stick to Tizen for its smart TVs. The company confirmed in a statement to Protocol that "Tizen still is the default platform for our smart TVs going forward."
      Samsung has been using Tizen on its Gear and Galaxy-branded wearables for years. However, with the OS now merged with Wear OS, the chances of the company launching any more Galaxy smartwatches running Tizen are pretty much nil.
      Apart from Samsung, LG is the other major TV OEM that does not ship its smart TVs with Android TV. Instead, it uses WebOS for its TVs. Samsung also used Tizen on its Z series of smartphones, though the lineup was discontinued after failing to gain traction among consumers.
      Source: https://www.makeuseof.com/samsung-use-tizen-smart-tvs/
    • By Ture
      CSS transform property not working for video 
      this is code i m using in Samsung Tizen App  

https://stackblitz.com/edit/js-y9roo1?file=index.html

This is my tv detail 

Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; LINUX; Tizen 5.5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) 69.0.3497.106/5.5 TV Safari/537.36 
    • By Alex
      Samsung has annnounced novel third-party compatiblity with TVs as part of its 2019 Developer Conference (SDC). This also involves the roll-out of new tools, so as to help developers generate fresh apps for this ecosystem. Therefore, more obsolete or perhaps less-used smart screens could become the face of interesting side projects or new insights into what this OEM's ecosystem could deliver.
      This year's SDC also debuted new tools that may make ends like this even easier in the future. They include EastST, which might replace self-contrived playback modules in order to check that content is running on a given TV as planned. Wits is the perhaps overly on-the-nose term for a new tool that allows immediate uploads of code edit to a Tizen-based TV, so that the developers can view said updates without delay. 
      However, the most important user-facing new facility here may be TIFA, or Tizen Identifier For Advertising. It allows advertisement opt-outs that may be more informative than ever before. It is less than super-clear why Samsung has taken such steps; however, a prime candidate rationale is to raise awareness of Tizen's open-source and cross-platform nature. Accordingly, it may pull target products into an ecosystem that also includes essentially Linux-based smartwatches, other wearables and pre-existing Samsung TVs.
      Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-makes-Tizen-available-for-third-party-TVs.441407.0.html
    • By fragerardi
      I am developing an alarm management application on a wearable device. It is a Web application (HTML and Javascript). When the alarm is triggered, in addition to sending the alarm status to the control panel, it should record the sound all around the device. This recording should arrive, in real time, in the operations center, publishing the audio stream on the reference Wowza server.
      Thanks in advance!