Quantcast

Regarding running an application in Tizen Web Simulator

Sujan

Hi,

I want to run a Smart TV application in Tizen Studio emulator. The application was not originally created using Tizen studio. The application is made using JavaScript library "TV Application Layer". 
The application can be clonned from https://github.com/bbc/talexample .

To run the application in web browser, do the following steps using cmd prompt or git bash:
1) git clone [email protected]:bbc/talexample.git
2) cd talexample
3) npm install
4) npm start
then go to http://localhost:1337/

I can run this app in web browser. I can also run any application in the Tizen emmulator, which was originally created in Tizen Studio. But I don't know how to run the above mentioned smart tv app in Tizen Studion Emmulator/ Simmulator. When I try to run in the emulator, it gives the following error:
""Launching New_Configuration" has encountered a problem. This is an error in the configuration file."

Maybe, it needs some configuration in both the Tizen studio emulator and the smart tv application.
Please, tell me any solutions to run the app in tizen studio emmulator.

Thanks
Sujan

tizenStudio_ScreenShot.docx

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Alongside improvements to Bixby, SmartThings, and Samsung Knox, Samsung also announced improvements to Tizen OS for smart TVs. During the ongoing Samsung Developer Conference 2021, the South Korean firm said it wants to consolidate its leadership in the TV segment with more intelligent software and deeper integration with its other services.
      Improved video calling, Samsung Health, and gaming on Tizen-powered smart TVs
      Keeping its ‘Screens Everywhere, Screen For All’ vision in mind, the company is introducing newer experiences to Tizen OS for smart TVs. Samsung has developed a better video calling experience on TVs in partnership with Google via AI-enabled focus and zoom features. Samsung Health can now use a webcam attached to a Tizen-powered smart TV to track user movements and provide real-time feedback during workouts.
      Samsung’s mid-range and high-end smart TVs already have various gaming-related features, including AMD FreeSync Premium, a 120Hz refresh rate, auto low-latency mode, and Game Bar. For an even better gaming experience, the company is bringing automated settings for low latency and HDR10+ calibration.
      Tizen For Business is a new platform for managing interactive digital signage displays
      For businesses, the South Korean firm will soon launch the Tizen For Business platform. It supports interactive e-boards in schools, kiosks at malls, and displays at airports, restaurants, stores, and subways. It will offer easy-to-use display management portals that businesses can use for real-time monitoring and remotely controlling screens. It also allows quickly applying settings to multiple devices with just one touch.
      Tizen is already the world’s biggest smart TV platform, and with the upcoming improvements, it will have more depth in its arsenal to compete with Amazon’s Fire TV, Google’s Android TV, and LG’s webOS platforms.
      Source: https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-tizen-os-smart-tv-improved-sdc-21/

• By STF News
      Imagine a moment of complete calm in the heart of the city that never sleeps. On July 27, tourists and urbanites alike were treated to such a scene when Samsung Electronics, in partnership with Seoul-based design company d’strict, unveiled its Waterfall-NYC (2021) art installation in New York City’s Times Square.

Pairing Samsung’s world-leading display technology with d’strict’s innovative space-based user experiences, Waterfall-NYC (2021) transports onlookers to a digital ocean with hyper-realistic waves and cascading waterfalls over 100 meters tall.

Made possible thanks to Samsung Smart LED Signage, the installation at One Times Square is comprised of four vertical screens that measure more than 1,081 square meters (11,639 square feet) when combined.

The cascading water takes full advantage of the signage’s vertical structure, delivering an immersive and compelling visual experience. Images are displayed at the industry’s highest peak brightness, 9,000 nits, ensuring that the artwork remains vivid even in direct sunlight.

Check out the video and photos below to see the installation for yourself.

View the full article
    • By Cartha
      Is there a way to take the application files from the TV and run it on Samsung's Tizen blu-ray player?
      I have a problem with the application from the Samsung Store. Its publisher left version 5 available for my Samsung UBD-M9500 player. This version does not work anymore, but on Samsung TVs it is version 6. The system is the same, so if i had access to the files of this application maybe it could be launched via developer mode on the blu-ray player.
      Does anyone know how it can be done?
    • By STF News
      Over the past year and a half, our lives have changed inordinately, with social distancing measures taking over and requiring us to transform every part of our routines from the way we work to the way we shop.

In light of this ‘new normal’ that we find ourselves living in, Samsung Electronics has been working non-stop to develop innovative solutions for businesses as well as users. Samsung Kiosk, a point-of-sale (POS) terminal for customers, is one such solution.

Samsung Kiosk is not only equipped with a range of functionalities and operational settings to fit different business types and sizes, but also features a dedicated User Interface that allows for the easy set-up and usage of menu, payment and saving systems. With a refined design for seamless in-store integration and antibacterial coating technology, Samsung Kiosk has been developed to provide the best possible experiences to retailers as well as customers.

Take a look at the infographic below to learn more about Samsung Kiosk.

View the full article
    • By henrycookus
      Hulu is one of the easiest places to search for legitimate HD films and streaming television programs. On your phone, you can use a web page or Hulu mobile app, but you have to make an extra step for viewing Hulu on your TV that requires login to www.hulu.com/activation. If You have any activation issues call our Hulu support number phone number at +1(888)-414-2454.

• Similar Tagged Content