Similar Tagged Content
How do you get HBO Go on Samsung Tizen Smart TVs? HBO Go is supported on most Samsung Tizen Smart TVs.
To find out if HBO GO is available on your Samsung TV, go to Samsung TV: Compatible Devices with HBO GO and look for your Samsung TV model.
If HBO GO is not available on your Samsung TV, you can use a streaming player (such as Roku or Apple TV), a game console, or stream HBO GO to your TV using Chromecast.
Go to Smart Hub and search for HBO Go
cnet is covering Samsung's CES press conference, the South Korean electronics giant will show off its latest crop of TVs and home appliances during its presentation at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Samsung's presentation starts at 2 p.m. PT on Monday, and we'll be bringing you all the news and commentary from inside the Mandalay Bay hotel on the Las Vegas Strip. I'll be live blogging along with David Katzmaier, and James Martin will provide photography from the event.
Samsung's 2015 CES press conference: Join us Monday (live blog)
For all you Tizen fans, Samsung has announced that it's Tizen operating system will power all it's smart TVs in 2015. We should hear more this week as CES rolls out and all the companies showcase their latest products. Last year at CES 2014, LG announced webOS was going to power all of its smart TVs. They got a raving review, now it's Samsung's turn to bake in their "homegrown" OS.
Tizen, a Samsung-designed OS, has powered smartwatches such as the Gear 2 and Gear S. A Tizen-powered phone was postponed from being launched in Russia earlier this year, with rumors of an imminent India launch.
Samsung has posted the SDK for it's 2015 TV line up: http://www.samsungdforum.com/Tizendevtools/Sdkdownload
Dear Partners and Developers,
The Samsung TV SDK Team is pleased to release the Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0.
The SDK provides developers with the tools they need to begin developing for the Tizen-based Samsung TV platform.
The toolset includes an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and a Web Simulator for testing TV apps on a PC.
A Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK combines the best features of a TV with the power of web based technologies.
By combining the size, input, and multimedia benefits of a TV with the connectivity features of the internet, developers can create innovative new experiences for their users.
For overall information about Tizen App development, please refer to the http://developer.tizen.org Web site.
Main Features :
■ Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- HTML, JS, CSS code editing
- Templates for Tizen TV applications
- Packaging Features
■ Web Simulator
- Light-weight tool for testing TV Web Apps on the PC
- Support for HTML5
- Web Simulator supported html5 media formats : ogg/ogv, MP4
- Caph 2.0 (Caph UI Component is not included.)
- Video Tag based on HTML5(HTTP Progressive Download, HTTP Live Streaming)
- Tizen Web Device API
- Tizen-based Samsung TV Product API
- Caph 2.0 Base package API
■ Debugger (Web Inspector)
- Code inspection
- Network & Resource profiling
■ IDE Relevant Version Information
- Eclipse Kepler (4.3)
■ Requirements for Installing Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0.
1) Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0 IDE requires Java Standard Edition (Java SE) version 1.7 or higher.
Please install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
2) Tizen-based Samsung TV SDK 1.0 Web Simulator HLS play feature requires Adobe Shockwave Player and Adobe Flash Player.
HLS play supported only in Windows and Mac OS.
(Adobe Shockwave Player requirement not supported in Linux)
- Please install the Adobe Shockwave Player :
- Please install the Adobe Flash Player :
■ Installation troubleshooting guide of Mac OS.
If there are problems installing with the .app file of .dmg, please install via the .bin file in the terminal.
- Open a terminal
- Go to the directory of the Tizen-based TV Web SDK install files
- Run: ./inst-manager.bin
■ SDK System Requirements
Processor : Dual Core 1.5GHz / Single Core 3GHz or higher
RAM : 2 GB or higher
OS (32bit and 64bit supported):
- Windows 7 (recommendation), Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher
- Mac OS X : Intel-based hardware, OS versions 10.6 and above.
- Linux: Tested on Ubuntu 12.x
Screen resolution : 1280 x 1024 or higher
HDD : 5GB or higher
Your Tizen TV SDK Team